Setting Up

Warnings: Mentions of mating

POV:Nīya
We all rode back to the island. It was pretty dark, you couldn't see anything besides our white freckles.

We arrived back at home when we heard a horn go off. My mother and father came running to us, while people began crowding us.

"Nīya! Tsireya! Are you guys okay?!" My mother asked us while searching for wounds or scratches.

She began to cry. She just hugged me and Tsireya tightly, my father and Ao'nung joining. I actually felt loved. I've never felt this way before.

Did they actually care for me? Us?

My father walked up to Jake.

"Look, I know we brought this upon you and your clan, so we will be leaving at sunrise." Jake bowed his head to my father.

Me and Lo'ak looked at each other in disbelief. No they can't leave! I'll never see Lo'ak again. He can't leave me. He's my soulmate, my one true love, my everything.

My father then put a hand on his shoulder.

"Toruk Makto, you watched after my daughters and protected them like your own. You are one of us now. You and your family are welcome to stay."

Jake bowed his head. My face instantly lit up. Lo'ak didn't have to leave!

"Okay it's pretty late so we're all going to sleep, thank you." Jake said, heading to their hut.

We did the same thing.

I wanted to tell Lo'ak how much I loved him but my parents were there so I couldn't. I can't wait to tell them so we don't have to keep our relationship a secret anymore.

I walked into my hut, flopping down on my bed. It was so soft and comfortable. I missed this. I missed my old life.

————

It has been three months since the Sully's decided to stay. Lo'ak was telling me how his parents wanted to go back home, but they didn't because the kids wanted to stay.

Kiri told Jake she had a really strong connection with Eywa here. Neteyam told his dad the girls on this island are better than the ones back at home. Tuk told them she wanted to stay because of the water and Ilu's. Lo'ak told them he wanted to stay because of me.

They really didn't think Lo'ak's excuse was reasonable but neither was Neteyam's. They strongly disagreed on Neteyam's part.

They couldn't force their kids to go somewhere they no longer wanted to be, so that's why they decided to stay.

————

POV:Lo'ak
I woke up very early. The sun hasn't came up yet. I'm so excited that I couldn't sleep. Today was the day I planned on mating with Nīya for our 1 year anniversary.

I know one year doesn't seem that long, but to me it is. I'm desperate for he. Her touch, her lips. I need her.

I know she's just as ready as I am, she keeps giving me signs and I keep ignoring them but I know what she's doing.

Me and Nīya were sat on a deck, dangling our feet in the water like always.

"Lo'ak?" I turned my head to face her.

"Yes?"

She was already looking at me. She had a curious look on her face.

"When you said you wanted to mate with me, how long were you talking? Like when we're 20 or like 24?" She asked.