Broken Promises

Warnings: GORE WARNING

POV: Nīya
"Lo- Lo'ak?" She asked. Jake clenched his jaw.

"Yes, Quaritch has him." I buried my face in my hands. They can't hurt him, they just can't.

"Everyone get ready, we're going to search for the Sully boy!" My father yelled out. People began running to grab their weapons and everything else.

I ran over to my father, grabbing Nī'yek. Tsireya was crying. I walked over to her, hugging her. "I can't do this again. I can't! I can't lose you again!" She cried.

This was perfect! If she wasn't planning on leaving she could watch Nī'yek for me. "Tsireya can you stay and watch Nī'yek for me?" I pulled out of the hug.

Her expression softened. "Yes, yes I can." She wiped her tears. She grabbed Nī'yek from my arms.

"Hi there!" She bounced Nī'yek on her side. I then seen Tuk looking around for Neytiri.

"Tuk!" I called her. She ran over to me, hugging me. "Nīya I'm scared." She told me. My heart hurt for her. She doesn't deserve to go through all of this. She's so young.

I bent down, getting to eye level with her. "Tuk your going to stay here with Tsireya and Nī'yek okay?"

"But...Sully's stick together?" She said, tears falling out of her eyes. I didn't know what to say to her. I grabbed Nī'yek out of Tsireya's arms. "Look, Nī'yek's a Sully, and he's going to stay here with you. No matter where we go, Sully's still stick together." I wiped her tears. She nodded.

"We're just going to stay back with a couple of the village people okay?" Tsireya asked her. "We can make bracelets and play with Nī'yek."

"That sounds like fun!" Tuk got excited. I was happy Tsireya knew how to cheer her up.

"What does he eat?" Tsireya asked me, taking Nī'yek out of my arms. Nī'yek's teeth started coming in. He already has 4 teeth.

"You can feed him berries but chop them up. If he needs to be changed I have all that stuff in our hut."

She nodded. "Okay thank you."

"No thank you." I pulled her in for a hug. I pulled Tuk in as well.

————

I ran to my hut, grabbing my bow and a hairband. I put it around my wrist. I looked down at my wrists, seeing the scars. I never really payed attention to them until now.

I couldn't get distracted. I ran out of my hut, making my way to the water. YaYa was still there. Usually she would've swam off but I could tell she felt guilty.

I hopped onto her. "YaYa it isn't your fault." I patted her.

"No Nīya it is my fault, I told you I would protect him and I failed."

"It's not like you could fight off all those sky people. It's going to be okay, I'm going to get him back."

"But what if we get hurt? What if you get hurt?" She asked.

"YaYa I promise nothing will happen to you." I stroked her head.

"Okay...let's go." She began swimming.

Off we go.

————

(Song choice: No Time to Die by Billie Eilish)

Everyone had got onto their Ilu's and Skimwings. I was leading everyone to where Payakan would usually be.

"Payakan!" I yelled out. "Payakan!"