Flower

Warnings:

POV:Nīya
It had to have been 4 in the morning. I don't know why I usually wake up this early. Lo'ak and Nī'yek were asleep.

I crept out of the hut, making my way to the sand. I walked along the sand, passing large bodies of water.

I continued walking down the shore. Once I felt I was far enough to where no one would hear me, I started calling for Ke'Ke.

"Yee! Yee!" I called out. She didn't come. I waited a good two minutes before calling for her again.

"Yee! Yee!" Soon I heard wings flapping. It was hard but not hard to spot her out. She blended in with the dark sky, but her purple outline stood out.

She flew down in front of me, letting out a loud screech. "You couldn't be any louder you bitch?" I scoffed, patting her. I then walked around, connecting my queue with hers.

I hopped on not having a clue where I wanted to go. I didn't want to go to the new cave, and I didn't want to swim. I just wanted to fly around.

I don't care to where I just want to fly.

————

I had been flying around for at least a good hour and a half. The sun had began to rise. I didn't want to go home so soon though. I honestly can't believe I went my whole life without flying.

I feel like I can see the whole world up from here. Well I can but.

I feel like all my worries have vanished, and I can actually breathe for once. It doesn't feel like the world is laying on my chest.

I can just be myself without having to worry about anything. Ke'Ke must have it easy. What if she has Ikran babies? What if she's a mom just like me?

I laid on my back, taking in a deep breath. The air is much fresher up here then down there.

————

I jumped up. I had fallen asleep.

The sun had finally risen. I had been flying around with Ke'Ke for at least two hours now. I lost track in time. I decided to head back home.

Once I landed back on the sand, closer to the village, I started walking home. No one was out here. Usually people are up by now.

Once I got outside the hut I heard grunting and yelling.

"Who the fuck are you?!" I heard Lo'ak. My heart started racing. I ran into the hut to see Lo'ak holding a guy in a chokehold.

Nī'yek was peacefully sleeping on the bed.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I stood there.

"Nīya?" The guys eyes lit up.

"Who the fuck are you?!" I stormed towards him. Who does he think he is coming into my home, where my husband and child live?

"Flower." The guy grunted out. That wasn't his name, but it was mine.

Every emotion I felt inside me stopped. My heart stopped racing. Everything inside me no longer reacted.

"Püney'tí?" I questioned. The guy nodded.
(Poo-ney-tee)