Perfect Night

Warnings:Kissing

POV:Nīya
It's been 2 weeks since Lo'ak's taken me to the Spirit Tree. I think I've been recovering since then. Him taking me to the tree was such a relief. First it hurt to let her go, but I know I can always go back to see her.

It's like she's not even gone, even though she is.

I woke up this morning with the sun rising. The cold ocean breeze brushing past my face. I closed my eyes, taking it all in. It was so refreshing. The smell of the ocean always makes my day 10x better.

I opened my eyes, looking over at Lo'ak to see him sleeping with Nīyek in his arms. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. His face was tucked into Lo'ak's chest, while Lo'ak's arms were wrapped around him.

I stared in awe. When they get up, later on in the day, I want to take Nīyek swimming. When babies are first born, you put them in the water. It's easier for them to adapt.

It's weird, I watched one of the village people's newborns when he was swimming and it was like he knew what he was doing. He was holding his breath and everything. I was amazed by the sight.

Supposedly when I fell asleep after giving birth, Lo'ak took him to water. I wished I was awake to see it but it's not like I would've been able to walk. I wasn't mad either. As long as it wasn't my mother or anyone else besides Lo'ak, I was okay with it.

That's a moment he will cherish forever.

Anyways, it's crazy to think Nīyek is already 5 months old. He's getting so big so fast, I feel old. It's like I blinked for a second and now he's already 5 months. Time flies by so fast.

When I play with him I can see him trying to form words. It's like on the tip of his tongue but he just babbles or gurgles. I definitely want his first word to be mama or mom.

I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't but still, I want his first word to be mama. Me and Lo'ak get pretty competitive about it.

We basically had a little argument over it. Not like an argument but like a confrontation I guess? I think it was more of a play fight.

"No he's most definitely saying mama first."

"Oh bullshit!" Lo'ak scoffed. "He's my son. He's definitely saying daddy first."

I shook my head. "My son. You forget he came out of me."

"And you forget that if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have a son."

"We." I corrected him. "We wouldn't have a son."

Silence grew upon us.

"He's still saying mama first." I shrugged. He let out a dramatic sigh.

"Here we go again." Lo'ak threw his hands up in the air.

I laughed thinking back to that memory. I sure indeed got the last word that night. He gave up.

He was so frustrated it was hilarious.

Nī'yek began to move. He rolled over on his stomach, stretching out his arms while his neck extended. His head turned towards me.

He smiled at me, laying his head back down. He then fell back asleep. He's so fucking adorable. His smile reminded me of Lo'ak's.

His smile is so soft and comforting. He's just like his dad. He reminds me so much of Lo'ak it's crazy.

I can't wait to have a daughter so she looks just like me. I can't wait to have girls day where we just hang out and swim. I can even take her to my cave!