Chapter 38 Explanation

Annyeong!

People ask me why Gideon still chose Marcus despite what Marcus did to him.

Simple Answer: Gideon Gulf loves Marcus Evan Wayne so much.

Sometimes our fate and happiness will depend on our own decision. Gideon had two options here, and it was to choose to let him go or hold on to him. Gideon decides to hold on to Marcus because he knows how much he will suffer if he chooses the alternative. He decides to give him a chance to prove how much Marcus loves him. He prefers to believe him. Yes! Marcus fuck, flirt with other people in the past to walk away from what he feels with Gideon. In reality, people do that, especially if they have been hurt so much in the past that they are so afraid to commit, just like what happens to Marcus, which Gideon chooses to understand.

Gideon thought that whatever might happen in the past, he would choose to let them all go to be happy with someone he loved. Imagine he has loved Marcus all his life. Finally, his dream came true after years of hoping for Marcus to love him back! If you were Gideon, would you choose your pride or your ego because you are hurt over the chance of being with someone you love? Would you let that chance go just because you are hurt? Would you choose to let go of that even though you know it will also make you suffer? We know how much he loves him. He has already endured more than 20 years of his life being just Marcus's best friend! Now, after so many prayers and days of hoping that someday Marcus will love him just as much as he loves Marcus. It's finally happening. Would you still choose to let that chance go?

Marcus already said in his piece that he is just afraid. It's his first time loving a man, especially his best friend. Marcus already knew that he already had some feelings for Gideon, but because of what he experienced in the past, He is so in denial and afraid to admit that he has feelings for a man, especially his best friend. Can you blame him for flirting with another woman because he thinks maybe he is just confused? It is his defense instinct from pain, and all of us have that. In this way, he felt his strange feeling might disappear, and everything would return to normal. He did not want to make the mistake of letting his best friend know that he had already learned to love him because if he did that and it was just a mistake or confusion of the moment and not love? It will surely destroy their friendship. Besides committing with someone, Marcus is afraid to lose his one and only friend, Gideon.

We can't blame Gideon for choosing to be happy. Marcus finally has the ball, which is now on Marcus's court. It depends on how he will play with it with care or be aggressive and throw it without making sure that his moves are correct. It depends on him if he does his best not to hurt Gideon again, or he will end up hurting Gideon again.

For Gideon, in the end, He still ends up being hurt by Marcus, and if their relationship fails. At least he tried! He tried fighting for him. In the end, he did his best. He will not have any regret or what-ifs in the future.

What if I choose to give him a chance? What if I did not let him go? Will we work?
What if I choose to be happy with him? There is a line in a filipin movie entitled Ex with benefits.

"We cannot avoid being hurt because it's a natural part of life. We need to be hurt to know that we are alive."

He doesn't want to have what-ifs in the future. "What ifs" that he will surely regret not trying if he chooses the other way around.

Love is not supposed to be complicated!

People are!

To be continued

WAANJAIMJORA