Chapter 29 - X

Author POV

Author POV

It's been days since Gideon started to distance himself from Marcus. Yes, they live in the same condo but never slept together again. Gideon kept his promise that he would never leave Marcus but knew he needed to do something for himself too. When the night comes, Gideon will always say that he is busy because of his nearing graduation, so Marcus would stop asking him to sleep with him, but the truth is, he is sleeping alone on another room. Even at work, as much as possible, Gideon will always try to avoid Marcus's presence by saying the same reason. Thankfully, Marcus seemed to believe him because he stopped after a few tries of asking Gideon. Also, he seemed so busy with his work that he hadn't noticed Gideon's avoidance of him.

Ever since that night that Gideon witnessed Marcus crying so hard because of Allyssa, he decided to distance himself from his best friend for a while to try and mend his aching heart. It hurt so much that for Gideon, every time he saw Marcus or even near him, that moment kept replaying in his mind, that he would end up crying again. Gideon is tired of crying. Despite how hard it is for him not to be with the man he loves, he decides to keep his distance from Marcus and choose himself for now.

"It's so tiring to cry, especially if I know that no matter how much I cry and wish that something will change about us. Nothing! Absolutely nothing is going to change between us! Yes, I can have him physically, but that is not what I want! I don't want just a portion of him, but all of him! Can I be greedy for something I know I deserve? I know I can give more! I can fight more but is it okay to keep fighting when I know from the start that It's already a losing game for me!"

~~~

He continued to watch Gideon as his best friend decided to bring the food he got and walk in the direction of the pantry.

"Who the hell are you to give food to Gideon? I should be the one doing that for him, not some bullshit which doesn't seem to know their right place in this fucking world." Marcus growled and said to himself.

He could only clench his fist, turn around and start to walk back to his office disappointedly. Some of his employees were shocked when they heard Marcus harshly slam the door.

"What happened to Sir Marcus?" One of his employees asked. 

THE FULL VERSION OF CHAPTERS 26-32 IS FOUND IN THE PHYSICAL BOOK THAT I WILL LAUNCH SOON...

To be continued

WAANJAIMJORA