Chapter 51 - Bastard

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

One day after the elevator accident happened, I finally convinced Marcus that I could now continue working. He is so paranoid about me. Would you believe he doesn't want me to go to the office for a week? He is so overreacting. The doctor had already told him I was freaking okay, but he was not listening. So, after convincing him for the whole day yesterday, he finally agreed. I only used the word, no sex and he instantly agreed with me! I know now how to get him to say yes, hahaha.

As I sit at my table, Anne enters the room, looking so worried when she sees me.

"Good morning, Sir Gideon! I thought you'd be out of the office for a week?" She told me while handing me the folders that I needed to sign. Mew called yesterday to inform her that I wasn't coming to the office for a week.

"Nope, Marcus is just playing with you, Anne!" I answered her and then proceeded to sign the documents she put on my table.

"Okay, but are you okay now, Sir? We're so worried about you when you are brought to the hospital by the company ambulance, especially Sir Marcus. He doesn't leave your side for even a second." She said, looking worried.

"Yep, I'm okay now! My rest for a whole day yesterday is more than enough for me!" I told her, smiling. She seemed relieved after hearing me.

"Okay, Sir!" She was about to step out when I stopped her. I needed to ask her something.

"Ah, Anne. Did you know the employee I was with the elevator that day?" I hope she can tell me what happened to Logan because Mew wasn't answering me when I asked him about that guy.

"Ahh, Logan! Yes, Sir! What about him" She asked me back

"Ahh, I'm just worried about what happened to him. Would you be able to know how he is?" I asked her, but I noticed a change in her expression. Did I ask something wrong?

"Ahh, sir, about Logan. Ahh~" She looks so hesitant. Why is she acting that way? I'm just asking about Logan.

"Anne, are you hiding something from me?" I don't understand why she is acting like that.

"Of course not, Sir! Ahh, Sir, about him. Please ask Sir Marcus about that. I don't want to lose my job, Sir!" She looks so afraid. Why would she lose her job just because of Logan? Did something happen yesterday?

"What do you mean by that, Anne?" I asked her again

"Ahhh, Sir, please don't ask me! This job is important to me, and I cannot lose it. Please, Sir, I'm begging you!" She looks so helpless now. What happened? The last time I saw her like this was last year when Mew acted like a madman because of Allyssa.

"Okay, Okay, I will not ask you. I will wait and ask Marcus later." Mew is currently in a meeting with a client. He asked me to join him, but I refused because I needed to do something else, good thing he agreed. She looks relieved