Chapter 52 - Fuming

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

I'm so fuming now that I want to destroy everything I see. If only my baby were not here, I'm sure I had already destroyed everything in this room. I try my best not to show this side of me to Gulf. I don't want him to be worried because It's the last thing I want him to do. If only I could prevent him from knowing all of this. I don't want to tell him what happened, but I already know I can't do that. I can't keep hiding this from Gulf. He is my lover, and he deserves to know what happened.

"After I brought you to the hospital, I asked Vin. He was one of my classmates back when I was in college. He is a famous private investigator now. I asked him to investigate why the elevator failed because, after years of using it, it's the first time it has encountered a failure like that, coincidentally precisely in time when you are in the elevator without me, I can't shake off the feeling that something is off also after I saw the reaction of the bastard Logan when I opened the elevator. His expression was so different, he was more shocked, sorry, and I don't know. He doesn't look like someone afraid of the sudden failure of the elevator. He seems like he expected that to happen. He keeps saying sorry to you more than twice. He keeps saying that it's his fault. That he didn't know you would be like that. That's when I got a suspicious feeling about him. He tried holding you, but I pushed him. I also asked Vin to look into Logan."

I stop for a bit, trying to keep myself calm. I started to get angry again because I remembered the fucking face of that asshole.

"It's okay, babe if you're not okay to tell me. we can talk about it next time." My baby said to me because maybe he realized that I was so hesitant to tell him everything. He tried to get up from my lap, but I stopped him.

"It's okay, Babe! No secrets between us, right?" I said to him. I promised him no secrets, and I planned to fulfill that for life. He nodded.

"Yesterday, after I made sure that you were okay in the condo. I decided to go to the office to check what really happened, and when I got here, Vin reported to me immediately what he had found." I exhale deeply before I continue. Remembering this makes my blood boil.

"He planned everything, baby! Vin threatened the elevator mechanic to tell him what happened because if he didn't say everything, Vin would call the cops on him, so he had no choice but to confess that he sabotaged the elevator."

"What? Why would he do that?" My baby looked so shocked hearing what I had told him. I can't blame Gulf, especially since Logan looks so ordinary and not someone you will think might do something heinous like endangering someone else life.

"Logan bribes him, baby! He paid him to sabotage the elevator. Logan waits for the moment when you are alone, and then he texts the mechanic to carry on his plan. I don't know how he managed to afford to bribe the elevator mechanic. He confesses that Logan gave him 40,000 BHT to sabotage the elevator at that time. Maybe he wants to talk to you alone." I can't continue. My heart started to beat so fast! It is much to tell Gulf about what that bastard did, especially the next thing I will say.

My baby noticed, so he hugged me, which helped me calm down. I continue to talk to him.

"Maybe he wants to do something worse on you, baby. So much worse!" He releases me from his hug and looks at me.

"What! Do what, babe? How did you know that? Did he say it himself to you?" He looks so shocked. How can he not be?

"No, but when we checked his computer, baby, before I confronted him because I wanted to find some answer on why or how he managed to do it, I saw so many stolen pictures of you, baby! Many of them are inappropriate! You have when we are eating, some when you are here at the office, even when you are in the CR, babe, and when you are outside. He's like stalking you, baby! I was so mad when I saw all of those that I immediately confronted him here in the office. I don't care about anything! I don't care if other employees will see us! We fight here on the floor, but no one will speak about it because I ordered all our employees that if someone talks about it, I will terminate them immediately. His looks change from innocent to cunning. It's not that I'm afraid of him, but I'm starting to get afraid for you, baby! I didn't know that kind of person was under our wings. He's hiding his true color. He keeps saying that you are his baby! He keeps saying that I didn't deserve you! That he would do everything to get you or nothing at all. He looks like someone capable of doing some heinous act, baby." He looks so shocked. He didn't say anything at all and just shut his mouth, so I started to get worried. I pulled him to get closer to me, and I held both of his hands.

"Are you okay, baby? I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have told you anything." Now I'm starting to question if it is suitable for me to tell him what happened.

"Did he know about us, babe?" My baby asked me nervously. I just nodded, but I hadn't told him all. I also saw some pictures of Gulf and me kissing and making out. I don't know how he managed to take all of those. Thinking about it creeps the hell out of me at the same time. I'm so afraid, not for me but for my baby!

"Did he tell anyone about us?" My baby nervously asked.

"No, baby, He didn't get a chance to tell anyone because I punched him to the point that he could not speak, I would have killed him on the spot, but Vin stopped me. So, I fired him instead, and thankfully Vin called the caps for me. They have already arrested him. He's gone, baby! He is gone!"

I was shocked when he suddenly cried, but I understood his reaction. I hugged him and buried his face in my neck. Here I am, just consoling him because If I were him, I would react the same way.

"I'm afraid, babe! I'm afraid~" He keeps saying. I caressed his back and spoke.

"It's now okay, baby! I'm here! No one can hurt you again! I will die first before someone can come near you ever to do you harm!" This is true. I will die first before they succeed in taking him away from me.

I'm still not convinced that Logan is the only one behind that incident because Vin investigated his background. There is no way he can afford that amount of money. I know someone else wants to hurt my Gulf or me. He will not stop until he successfully separates us, but I will let that person succeed with his plan against us.

Whoever is out there, you awaken the beast. Whomever you are, I will not let you win! Never!

TO BE CONTINUED