Chapter 45 - Past

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

Time Check 11:30 PM

I still have 30 minutes, and I must drive so fast to get here; the good thing is that there are only a few cars on the way, and we didn't encounter any traffic. If not, we will indeed be arriving here so late, and it will blow my plan! I can't allow that! Thankfully, Gulf is still sleeping because if my baby knows about it, he will surely be mad at me.

He has trauma from fast cars, as his parents died in a car accident. I remember the day the detective said his parent got killed on the road due to an accident. When my parents asked how it happened because we know how careful Uncle Richard was when ensuring his car was well-taken care of, they were shocked by the news. The detective added that the driver, Uncle Richard, was driving the car so fast because they were on the way to Gulf, which added to the car's impact when they collided with a ten-wheeler truck in front of them. If Uncle Richards weren't driving fast, maybe his parents would have avoided their death. But the main culprit still is the broken break of their car.

Flashback

Gulf and I just got here at my house. My parents asked me to fetch Gulf from school. He is currently graduating from being an Elementary Student, while I am also graduating from Senior high school. They seem so worried when we talk on the phone. I was confused when they asked me to fetch him when Auntie Grace was always the one fetching and bringing him home from school before returning to her Antique Shop.

When we got home, I saw my mom and dad acting weird in the living room. They seem so restless.

"Hi Mom, Dad, we're home!" I yelled to them.

"Hi Auntie, Hi Uncle!" Gulf happily greeted them.

"Oh, Yes, Gulf! Ahh, Mew! Can you accompany Gulf first to your room? Someone is coming here later. We have to talk to them here in the living room." My mom said.

"Ok, Mom!" I spoke without asking further questions. I held Gulf's hand to guide him to my room, but he suddenly stopped.

"Ahh, Auntie, do you know where mom is? I'd been waiting for her to come to school to fetch me, but she didn't come. Do you know where she is?" Gulf asks them. I was shocked when my mom suddenly sobbed, and then dad instantly hugged her.

"What's wrong, mom? Why are you crying?" I asked them.

"Ahhh, it's nothing, Son; Mom is just tired! Come on, join Gulf in your room too. Our guest is about to come. It's an Adult Matter, so..." He said while trying to calm my mom.

I still want to question them, but I think it's not the right time, so I do what they ask me.

~~~

Suddenly, I woke up from my sleep. I saw Gulf still sleeping on my side while holding my arm. This kid is adorable!

I felt a sudden urge to drink water, so I went downstairs to fetch some. That is when I heard what my parents and two other men were talking about.

"Why! How did it happen!" My mom said while trying to hold her tears and anger.