Chapter 23 - Help

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

When I know I am finally okay, I decide to return to our room. I saw that Marcus was still sleeping, so I sat beside him. I felt so sleepy now that I'm seeing Mew sleeping quietly. I admit I haven't been sleeping these past few days because of many that are going on in my life--first, Mew's disappearance, then my sudden appointment as INF's temporary president. I already feel so exhausted that my body is about to shut down. I want to sleep beside him. I want to hug him because even if I'm currently seeing him. Even though he was before me, I felt I might lose him anytime.

But knowing myself, who is so cowardly to show what I truly feel, I can't do it. I don't dare to be near Mew even if he's already asleep, I cannot dare to sleep beside him, so I just sat on the couch beside the bed and let myself fall asleep. I need to rest a little so that tomorrow I have enough strength to help my best friend.

I hope when I wake up, everything will be okay! That everything will come back to normal. I miss him! I miss my cheerful and funny best friend. He may not be like that to others, but he is Mew. He is the most joyful person that I know.

~~~

"Yawn~!" I woke up and checked my phone to see if Mew had already called me when I suddenly remembered.

Fuck! I forgot that I had already found him! My mannerism ever since Mew left is always to check my phone to see if he called me or if Uncle Luke found him.

I checked the time and saw that it was already 6:00 am. I sit straight on the chair and look for Mew, whom I know should be sleeping on the bed.

I was shocked when I checked the bed and saw no one was there. Mew? he is nowhere to be found here in our room. He's not sleeping anymore. I got up hurriedly.

"Mew?"

I checked the comfort room to see if he was there, but he was not. Mew! Where the hell are you again? The anxiousness I felt when Mew was gone for the first time came all back to me. I felt my heartbeat pounding faster and more loudly in my chest.

I hurriedly run outside to search for him. I searched everywhere but still couldn't see him. I had already asked for the hotel personnel's help searching for him when they saw that I was panicking. They didn't bother to question me about my reason; I just gave them Mew's picture so they could easily find him. I'm sure that he hasn't left the resort yet.

I just know it! I was running all over this resort when I remembered to check outside. I run into the seashore; I run like a madman! I don't care if I may look like a crazy person right now because the only thing on my mind is to find Mew! I had to find Mew! I can't lose him! I can't! I'd go crazy if it happened again.

I arrived at the end of this resort, near the bar where Mew was last night. I searched again for him, that's when I saw a man walking into the sea.

He looks so lost and not himself! He keeps on walking, not minding how deep into the sea his walking goes. I was walking to go to Mew until I realized what was truly going on.