Chapter 28 - Hurt

Author POV

Author POV

It's Sunday, and as promised to the older Ayutthaya, Marcus and Gideon visited Vanessa and Luke's house despite their busy schedule. Marcus, because of his upcoming launch with this new game that his company developed, Gideon is also busy because his graduation is nearly approaching.

The family finished having their lunch, so they decided to have a little tea talk in the living room. They are all talking about some random stuff except for Marcus, who is still busy reading some files on his tablet. It's the latest review that the testers submitted for the final series of tests they did on the game that the developer created before they entirely published it. Marcus is making sure that he didn't overlook a single game specification. He is checking every detail that his testers submit.

"So, Brother Gideon! Is it true?" Elise suddenly speaks to Gideon

"What is it, Princess?" Gideon asked Elise, but he wasn't looking at her because he was busy feeding Marcus some peeled apples. This act doesn't leave Vanessa's eyes; she can't help but smile. For her, seeing his two sons care for each other like true brothers is very satisfying to look at.

"Is it true that you and this idiot brother of mine are now living together?" Elise asked them. Marcus's parents are shocked to hear this, so Marcus stops what he is doing and looks at his sister.

"Did you just call me idiot, Princess?" Marcus playfully asked her. Elise glared at her brother before answering him.

"Why? You are indeed an idiot! Ever since you let that woman..."

"Princes!" "Elise!" Marcus's parents so as Gideon quickly stops Elise from continuing her words. They already know what she is about to say and don't want her to continue because it might trigger Marcus again. Marcus's face changed and became tense, which wasn't missed by Gideon, so to avoid further conflict, Gideon started to talk to Elise.

"Ahh, haha, yes, Princess! Mew and I are living together for the meantime." Gideon smilingly said to her, but it only made Elise look confused.

"But why brother Gulf? Don't tell me you are also there to help my brother! You already acted as his assistant in the office, even after your work, and you're still assisting him? It's not okay, you know! (Look at Marcus) Brother Marcus! How could you do that to brother Gulf? That's too much! You are making him your slave!" Elise complains to his brother. Marcus seemed so affected by what his sister asked him that he instantly put his tablet aside, stood up, and started talking to her.

"No, Princess! I didn't ask Gideon to be my slave! I want him to..." Marcus seemed to realize what he was about to say, so he stopped. He doesn't know how to tell his family about his current setup with his best friend. Marcus literally begs him to stay with him and never leave his side. How could he tell his family about his complicated situation with Gideon? Gideon seemed to notice it, so he immediately stood from his seat and sat beside Elise.

"Hahaha, are you joking, Princess? Me? Mew's slave? It will never happen, you know that! If it's Mew, who will be my slave, then yes, it can happen, but the other way around? Hahaha, never, Princess!" Gideon tried his best to sound okay and reason to Elise.

"Also, you know that your brother's condo unit is much nearer if I want to go to INF and my school than from my house, right? Our house is on the city's boundary, so it's kind of far! As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of looking for somewhere I can live where it's nearer INF and my university, and thankfully your brother offers me to live with him, so I quickly grab it. You know! Who could deny a free rent, right?" Gideon continued. Elise seemed to believe what he was saying, judging by the look on her face. Gideon looked at Marcus and smiled at him. He motioned him to go back to his sit which Marcus immediately complied.

"Gulf is right, Elise! It will be good for both of your brothers if they stay in one condo unit. They could also look after each other, which will help lessen my worry for them as they live far from us. They will have each other's back both in work and outside work! My gosh, I'm so happy to hear that you both are together all the time. I will be at ease at last! Right, hon?" Vanessa happily asked her husband.

"You're right, hon! Marcus and Gideon living together will benefit both of them, especially now that Gideon is about to graduate. He has many things to prepare for and adjust to in his life. I'm sure Marcus is the perfect person to help him!" Luke said.

"See, Princess? Uncle and Auntie also agree with me, so please don't overthink about your brother living together, okay? We are going to be okay! I promised you that!" Gideon smilingly said to Elise, which made the young lady sigh deeply after hearing everybody's opinion.

"Okay! Okay! If you all think this is okay, then okay! I don't want someone abusing your kindness Brother Gideon, even if that someone is Brother Marcus! Brother Marcus needs to learn how to be alone from time to time so that he wouldn't be devastated if people left him. You're old already, brother Marcus! Stop acting like a child!" Elise glared at her brother Marcus. Vanessa held her hand and mouthed for her to stop scolding her brother.

"Why! I'm just stating the fact! I need brother Marcus to learn how to be alone sometimes! it's not for me, but for him too!" Elise said. Vanessa can only shake her head because of her daughter's remarks regarding her brother Marcus.

"Gosh! Be thankful that I will be leaving tomorrow already, or else I would really go to your condo and live there too! I need to make sure that you aren't overworking Brother Gideon myself! Yes, he is your best friend, but he is my brother too!" Elise said.

"You're leaving, Elise? Where are you going?" Gideon confusedly asked Elise.

"Oh, Brother Marcus didn't tell you?" Elise said. Gideon quickly shook his head to answer Elise. She can only roll her eyes.

"Yes, Brother! I'm going to Paris tomorrow! I would stay there for two years or maybe three! I need to stay there to continue and focus on my studies. I've been out of focus on my schooling because of so many modeling gigs coming my way. I may need to stop modeling and focus on my studies now." Elise smilingly said to Gideon.

Gideon looked at Marcus and glared at him.

"Why didn't you tell me about it? I should have prepared something for Elise before she went to Paris!" Gideon scolded Marcus. His best friend was about to answer him, but Elise spoke instead.

"Are you still shocked, brother Gideon? When did brother Marcus ever have an interest in what's happening to me? He's always busy with other things and people! Those unnecessary and hypocritical people!" Elise emphasized her last sentence. Marcus was about to speak, but she didn't let him finish.

"Don't bother correcting me because all of us know the truth, my dear stupid brother! Gosh! I can't believe how dense and easy you are to be fooled by people who only want to harm you! Why can't you be smarter like me!" Elise said to her brother.

Gulf couldn't help but laugh after watching Elise continuously scold her brother, while Marcus remained silent in his seat, just listening to everything his sister said. They all know Marcus can't scold his sister for whatever reason. He loves her that much. That is why they all call her Princess. Gideon could understand what Elise was saying to her brother and why she was saying it. She is just concerned for Marcus after what happened with him and Allyssa. Also, she is afraid that Marcus might run away again. He can still remember how much this lady cried because she worried about her brother. Princess might look like she is spoiled, but she cares! Princess's love for everyone is immeasurable; that dare to hurt anyone she loves, you will undoubtedly face her devil's side, and no one would ever want to see that!

THE FULL VERSION OF CHAPTERS 26-32 IS FOUND IN THE PHYSICAL BOOK THAT I WILL LAUNCH SOON...

To be continued

WAANJAIMJORA