Chapter 62 - News

A/N

September 24 - Saturday - Day before their Month Anniversary

Gideon POV

Here I am right now preparing for our lunch. I want to cook for Mew as a simple gift for today. My body is still aching due to the numerous rounds that Mew and I had. I can't believe I allowed him to fuck me in the car and the middle of somewhere! That horny guy! But thankfully, I got used to it. Even though I'm still limping while walking here in our kitchen, I can now move and walk slightly, unlike before when I must rest for a long time before moving around again.

I'm preparing to cook pancakes for him. Yes, pancake, I know coking pancakes after sex is an American custom and that it means saying thank you to your lover that you have a perfect time with him, but this is not it. It's just that I haven't gone to the grocery yet. Mew is still sleeping, I tried to wake him, but the grumpy guy, as usual, didn't want to wake up. I was stirring the pancake mixture that I created myself. I can help but notice my ring again.

Omg! Did I really get engaged with Mew, my best friend, my first love? My past self would never believe this would ever happen. I can still remember all the struggles that I faced in the past. All the pain, tears, and hurt, but I can now say it's all worth it! It all paves the way for me to be here at this point.

I'm so thankful for the destiny that he allowed me to be with the man I have loved my whole life. I started preparing our table when I heard breaking news on TV.

"Top news for today! Famous CEO Marcus Evan Wayne Ayutthaya of INF was spotted proposing in the airport. INF is one of the largest IT companies not just here in Thailand but all over the world. As per the witness and the video, we gathered from netizens who saw the proposal. The CEO proposed to the company's COO, Gideon Gulf Chantara. We also learned that Mr. Chantara is the best friend of Mr. Ayutthaya. Many are shocked that the famous CEO, consistently featured in the country's most popular successful bachelor in the country, was gay! I'm sure many of his admirers will be shocked by the sudden proposal."

They are now airing the footage or the video of Mew's proposal. Omg! What should we do? I'm sure many people have already seen this video! I was shocked by what I was watching now that I had dropped all the plates I had held earlier.

Mew, awakening from his sleep due to the loud noise, approaches me wearing his shocked and worried look.

"Baby! Oh, God! What happened here? Are you okay? Baby!" Mew said while shaking my shoulder because I was so stunned that I didn't speak for a few seconds.

When I snap out of it, my tears immediately flow from my eyes

"Baby, why are you crying? Are you hurt? What happened?" Mew asked me worriedly. He is also checking my feet to see if the shattered pieces of plate hurt me

"Babe! What should we do!" Then I pointed him to the TV; he saw the news there. He looked so shocked at first; then he pulled me into a hug

"Don't worry, babe! It's inevitable. I propose to you in public, remember? It's not shocking that we're featured on the news; We're popular, especially in the business world. But to tell you the truth. I don't care about any of that!" He said to me while caressing my back

"How can you not worry, Mew? What if your parents already know about this? What about the company? What about other people? What if..." I was speaking so fast. I am so nervous and, at the same time, frightened now. I don't know what would happen if they all knew about it!

Mew didn't let me finish. He let go of himself from our hug. He held both of my cheeks and made me look him straight in the eyes.

"Baby! I already told you at the airport that I don't care about that anymore. What is important to me is you! About our parents, we will talk to them tomorrow. So, you don't have to worry, and I'm sure they will understand, they love us both. I'm sure our employees and investors will understand us about the company as we are not doing anything wrong. We are the best in terms of our work. There is nothing they can complain about us, so you don't have to worry about that. About the other people, I'm thinking of making an advertisement in the newspaper or magazine about our marriage."