Chapter 54 - Sofia

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

Sept 18 - Sunday

Today is Sunday! Seven days before our Month's Anniversary. I am excited because Mew will finally tell his family about us. Ultimately, I don't have to worry about whether someone will see or know about our relationship. Finally, we can be proud to go outside and show them how much we love each other. For the two months and 18 days that we were officially dating, this topic was always becoming a burden and stressful to me. I'm not afraid to shout to the world that I'm in love with Mew. I do not mind what people will say about us. I'm not scared that people will criticize me. All I care about is Mew. As long as we're happy, in love, and together I know I can do and survive anything this world throws at me.

But at the same time, I can't help but feel afraid! What if Mew's family doesn't like the idea of Mew and me being together? I know they love and treat me as one of their family members, but this is different. What if they only want Mew to love a woman like Allyssa? What if they wish Mew to find someone who can give him the family he always dreams of having? His dream is also what makes me so afraid and nervous now.

What if Mew realizes this aspect of me? I'm not a woman who can ever give him the family he always wanted and dreamed of having. What if he realizes that I'm not the right one for him? What will I do? I cannot imagine my life now without Mew. How I wish I were born as a Woman. How I hope I can give him everything that he wants. I can only wish!

Mew is in the living room watching the latest football game with Uncle Luke. It's their father's and son's bonding. While here I am in the Kitchen with Auntie Vanessa, I'm helping her prepare for our dinner later. As promised, we always come here every Sunday, because if not. She will surely be mad at Mew, not me, of course, because of what she will always say, "I can never be angry to you, Gulf." so if we make a mistake to her, she will pour all her punishment to Mew, and Mew, of course, will tolerate it. He's a Mommy's boy, but not in an awful way, which is super cute to watch.

I could see that Auntie was so excited about something, but I didn't know what it was. I noticed that we had already cooked four dishes, and now she is starting to cook another one.

"Auntie, are we celebrating or something? You are cooking many dishes, but we are the only ones who will eat them. It's me, Mew, you, and Uncle Luke, or are we expecting someone to join us?" I asked her while waiting for the baked mac that I had prepared. By the way, it is my specialty, of course, because it's Mew's favorite, so I learned how to cook it first thing when I can already handle cooking something.

"Yup, Son! We have a visitor! It's one of your Uncle Luke's business partners." She said, stirring the stew she was cooking, "Oh, okay! If It's okay to ask, why are they going here? I thought it would be only us, and you will say something to us? " I asked her.

"Ahh, yes, and they have something to do with what I will tell both of you later. It's for Mew! I just said it's about the two of you, so he cannot escape and tell me again that he doesn't want to hear it. My son is kind of stubborn, and you know that already!" Auntie said.

I'm starting to feel anxious about it. She sounded like she was planning something. Something that I'm not sure will be okay for my relationship with her son.

"Ahh yes, Auntie. I'm very aware of it! So, Mew doesn't have any idea about it?" I asked her.

"Yup, Exactly, so don't tell him yet, ahhh, or else he will run away again! My son is adorable." She told me while I knew she was trying to hold her laughter. She's so happy about it, but me? I don't know, but I'm starting to feel so nervous. I don't understand why but I feel like something might happen later, and I know it will affect my relationship with Mew.

My intuition is never wrong. Never! As we are about to sit at the dinner table when one of their maids approaches us

"Sir, Ma'am! Your guest has arrived!" she said to us.

"Finally, Hon, there here!" Auntie excitedly said to Uncle Luke while I was still trying not to show them that I felt so uneasy. Uncle stands up and goes to the living room to welcome the guest. I felt Mew hold my hand under the table, then he whispered to me.

"Baby, Are you okay? You seem worried and restless. It's something bothering you?" He said, looking so worried.

I just shook my head, saying it was nothing. He then smiled but kept on holding me, which helped me relax a little bit.

Five minutes after Uncle Luke went to the front door, he returned with three other people. One is a who looks like the same age as Uncle Luke. The other one is a woman whom I think is the age of Auntie Vanessa, and the other one is...

She looks so stunning!

"Who's here misses me!" That girl said happily.

I was shocked when Mew suddenly let go of my hands and spoke.

"Oh! My god! Sophia! Is that you!" Mew said. He is now standing. He looks so happy at the same time, shocked.

"The one and only!" Sophia said. Mew was still smiling so widely at her, and then he immediately ran and hugged her so tight. He even lifts her due to happiness.

"Oh. My God! You're here!" Mew said, sounding so happy

"Gosh! Mew, I'm about to get dizzy. Put me down, hahahahaha!" She said happily too. Mew let go and looked at her intently like she was scanning all over her face.

"It's you?" Mew repeatedly asks.

"Yes, It's me. You never change! You're still my Mew-Mew, who always acts like he is a kid and playful!" She then smacks Mew into his head. I was shocked about it because I know my boyfriend. He never let anyone hit him like that. Only Me and his mom were able to do that to him. They look so close! Auntie suddenly approaches me while Mew and Sophia are still happily talking.

"I told you, this is a surprise for Mew. See, I was right! They still look so happy to see each other." Auntie said to me while wearing a big smile on her face. I tried to hold myself together. I can't break down now! Don't assume anything first. I don't know anything! It is nothing! I keep saying to myself.

"Ahh, Auntie, may I ask, who is she?" I asked Auntie

"Ahh, that's Sophia, Mew's Childhood friend!"

"Huh? I don't remember her!" Mew's childhood friend? I don't know her!

"Ahh yeah, you wouldn't know her because she left the country with her parent when she was just ten years old. Her family had to go to Canada to handle one of our Subsidy companies there. But before that, Mew and Sophia are so close. You wouldn't know her because you were only around 5-6 years old at that time when she left."

"Ahh, okay? Are they close, Auntie? Like how Mew and I are close?"

"Yes! Super close! Just like you and Mew! Sophia was Mew's best friend at that time. They are inseparable! One time, they gave me a card stating that they would marry and have 12 kids after they graduate from college! Would you believe that? I still remember how my tummy hurt because of too much laughter when I said they couldn't marry when they graduated from college because they had to earn money first. They cried so hard and wouldn't stop until I reversed what I said, and they could marry. They are so cute together! If Sophia didn't leave the country, I'm sure it was her whom Mew would ask to marry, not Allyssa." She spoke. I was stunned by her last sentence of her.

"Auntie?" She looked at me and smiled.

"Hahaha, It's true! Actually, I really like her for my son, but it's still Mew's decision! I would never impose what I want on Mew. I'm just so happy that she is back! She is still so beautiful and cute at the same time!"

Hearing Auntie's praises for her made me feel so insecure and threatened by Sophia's presence. She looks like Allyssa but more like a happy and kinder version of Allyssa. Like someone whom you want to know and be friends with! She looks sophisticated at the same time, an outgoing person.

Gulf, please stop thinking like this. Mew loves you! She is just a friend! He loves you!

TO BE CONTINUED