Chapter 33 - Urge

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

It's been a year ever since that unexpected intimate day happened. I'm currently here at our condo because I feel so sick today that I choose not to go to the office and just rest for the day.

Yep, It's ours, Mew, and mine! Shocking right? So many things have changed between us, Mew and me.

Between us, like now, we lived together and slept on the same bed. If others see us together, they will assume that we are together or have an official relationship, but we are not. We don't label our relationship; I'd like to, but I think Mew is not ready yet, and I can accept it as long as we are together. We both know we have each other. It's enough for me.

To me, I started to gradually be vocal to Mew about how much I care for him. I haven't said I love him because I'm still afraid to overwhelm him. I'm so scared of being rejected, so I'm okay with our setup. I believe if he sees my actions towards him and how much I care for him, he will start to notice me.

To Mew, I can see that he has changed so much ever since Allyssa left him. He became suspicious of everyone, as in everyone, even me. Like everyone around him will lie to him and leave him behind as Allyssa did, so as his defense, Mew never again gives anyone his complete trust. I know he doesn't want to be like that, but it's just him now, and we can't do anything about it. I tried to ignore it and make sure that I constantly proved to him that I was not Allyssa. I will never leave him and lie to him.

Mew became very outgoing from being an introverted person before. He told me that he realized that his life revolved only around Allyssa and his work, and he regrets it so much. He said that he had to change for himself, but I think it is because he thinks being an introverted person is why Allyssa left him. Allyssa left him because Mew is a boring person, so now he changes his life so much that he becomes very friendly to everyone, especially girls, which made me so jealous all the time, but I tried to keep it to myself because I didn't want to hinder him with his wants. Suppose that's what he wants to be right now. All I can do is support him and continue to be with him no matter what.

After that day at the resort, our relationship became so complicated. I love him, I can feel that he loves or cares for me too, but we are still not admitting it. I can still remember that day at the resort when we woke up after what we did. I am in our room, trying my best to sleep, but I can't help thinking about our journey again for the last year.

That thing that we did? I can't count anymore how many times we did it. Sometimes in our room, sometimes in the other parts of the house, and even in his office. It confuses me as to what is the actual score between us, I do not want to spoil it. I go with the flow as long as we're happy.

Until now, I'm still Secretly loving my best friend, but I'm okay with it.

~~~

Kring! Kring! Kring! Kring!