Chapter 26 - This is wrong! 🔞

~WARNING~ 🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞 ~WARNING~

Gideon POV

It's been five days, fifteen hours, thirty minutes, and thirty-nine seconds since we returned from the resort. Mew and I are now back to normal if people can call this normal. I can see Mew trying to return to his usual self, like going to work and facing other people like his routine. He is genuinely fulling his promise to Uncle Luke and Auntie Vanessa that he wouldn't let his pain be the reason for destroying everything he has been working on his whole life. He is acting like the old Mew, who is so focused on his work and overly focused that he has ignored our agreement. He's always working that even if I tried to stop him, he wouldn't budge! I just let him because maybe this is his way to cope with his pain from losing Allyssa.

I return to being Mew's assistant, but this time, I don't do small errands like getting his lunch or following his order, which isn't about managing the company. I don't mind doing chores for Mew, but I don't think it will be okay for other people, especially other employees here at INF, to see me do that. It's starting to create rumors inside the company like I used my relationship with the Ayutthaya to enter this company for my training. This company is well known for being strict and fair to all its applicants, no matter who your backer is. If you're not qualified, you wouldn't be able to enter any company under Anderson - Ayutthaya Corporation. Unlike being an errand guy for Mew, if I remained here and focused on my business management student training, many will say that I'm doing this as preparation before I enter this company as its part owner. Uncle Luke wanted me to have the proper training in Business Management while I was staying

We hadn't talked about what had happened to us since we returned to our daily lives. I never tried to ask him because I was afraid of what he might say about us. I don't want to confirm my fear, which is to verify that Mew wants to forget everything that happened to us. I fear that Mew would wish to distance himself from me because he cannot take being near me anymore. The awkwardness between Mew and me is killing me, but I'm trying my best not to show it because I don't want to add to his problem.

I will try to remain okay with everything even though the reality is it's hurting me! It's hurting me so much! Mew is acting like usual, as my best friend, nothing more and nothing less. It's like he forgot what happened to us. For him, it's something unimportant!

I am outside Mew's office, trying to calm myself before going inside. I don't want my sadness to be evident on my face because Mew might notice it. I'm doing some deep inhales and exhales to calm my nerves.

"It's going to be okay, Gulf! Go inside and give your report to Mew! That's it! Nothing more that will make you stay there longer than needed. You can do it!" I said to myself.

"Are you okay, Gideon?" Ms. Anne asked me from behind. I think she has something to give Mew, judging by the folders she holds in her hand. I turned around to face her, and then I smiled.