Chapter 12 - Known secret

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

"What?" They said in unison.

"Yes, I'm the best friend of President Marcus!" I told them while looking down. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand that was resting on top of this table. I lifted my head to see that Ms. Anne was shocked by what I had said.

"What? How did it happen? Don't be offended, but with your age gap, you're a student, and he is already working? How did you become friends? Most especially be best friends?" Ms. Anne asked me. She was speaking so fast that I was confused about what she was saying. I look at Ms. Erika and Ms. Jane. They are looking at me like they are excited about my answer to them.

"Ahh, eh!" I feel so hesitant right now if I should tell them or not. Will they change? Will they treat me differently once they know? Will they tell others about Mew and me? I hope not! Besides my reason for helping Mew in this company, I find it so fun working here. I have learned so many things already.

"Gideon! Please tell us! We promise we will not tell anyone about this if that's what you want!" Ms. Jane suddenly speaks, making me snap out of my deep thought and worries. I guess I have no choice! My secret is out!

"Ahh, ehh, Yes! Marcus is my best friend as my parent, and his parents are best friends too."

"What? Your parents, the Chairman, and Madam Vanessa are friends?" Ms. Anne shockingly asked me. She even dropped her coffee which made us panic a little. Thankfully, there is no other employee here right now in the pantry. When we were done fixing her mess, I started to talk again.

"Yes, they're friends. That is why Marcus and I have been very close since I was young. Marcus and I grew up together and became best friends!" I said to them.

"Omg! You're not the usual kind of person, Gideon! You're higher than most of us! You're not just an assistant! Gosh! To think that I even scolded you before! Oh no! What should I do!" Ms. Anne was starting to panic; I was about to say something but couldn't because she suddenly spoke again.

"But let me ask you this. Why are you just working here as assistant of Sir Marcus?"

"Ahhh, It's a long story," I said to her. Thankfully they seem to understand.

"Ahh, okay!" Ms. Jane answered.

No one speaks for about a minute. It was like they were trying to absorb everything they heard from me. I'm not so sure about what they are feeling for me. They looked confused, scared, and shocked. I don't know!

"Ahh, I have a big favor to ask you!" I speak again, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"Oh, what is it, Gideon! Anything for you! You know I owe you my job! If not, because of you, Sir Marcus would have fired me that day! Thank you so much again, Gideon. I don't know what would happen to my family and me if I wasn't here." Ms. Anne sounded like she was about to cry too. I quickly held her hand to console her. I don't want to see her cry.