Chapter 7 - Plan

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

When I got into Auntie Vanessa's house, she immediately welcomed me with a huge hug and kisses all over my face.

"Gulf! Finally, you're here! Did you know how much I missed you? I tried to call you many times, but you are not answering. I wanted to go to your house, but Uncle Luke and Mew stopped me. They said you are busy with your studies and will disturb you if I go to your place, so here I am, being patient! I've been restraining myself, but it's not easy! I miss you, Son, so much! Did you miss me too?"

Auntie Vanessa said with a matching crying sound without a tear. She is so cute! It's just two weeks, but she acts like I was away for a year.

"Hi, Auntie! Of course, I miss you too! Yes, I'm just so busy with my studies. I have so many things to finish. Sorry if I made you worry." Sorry for lying, Auntie, but I cannot tell you the real reason why I avoided Mew and your family for two weeks. She didn't notice me lying to her because she smiled at me.

"It's okay, Son! But please don't do that again. I don't know if I can restrain myself anymore!"

Auntie Vanessa calls me son whenever it's just the two of us. She does not call me 'Son.' If Mew were around, you would see the possessive side of Mew.

I noticed that Uncle Luke was not with Auntie; they were inseparable whenever Uncle was home. I want to talk to him also, but I guess talking to Auntie Vanessa will have to do for now. I'm sure Auntie can help me pursue Mew and Uncle to agree with my plan. Auntie Vanessa may be sweet and cute outside, but she is the alpha wife and mother to his husband and children. Her words are the law here. In this house, whatever she decides or wants is the final decision. It's not that they are afraid of Auntie. They love her so much that Uncle Luke will always follow his wife in everything.

Here I am, being envious again of how lucky Auntie is to have someone like Uncle who will always love her no matter what. Someone who will always support her decision and be with her until the end. How I wish I could find someone like Uncle Luke to love. I want it to be Mew, but fate is not agreeing with me right now.

We eat first, then go to the garden to continue talking and bonding. As usual, Auntie prepared a feast for me again. I told her not to, but who can say no to her? No one! We both love to be here. This garden is so beautiful and relaxing; I remember whenever Marcus is tutoring me with my lesson, I always choose this place for us to go. Not only because of the ambiance, but not many people in this house go here. It's usually Auntie and me. It feels like Mew and I are alone in this world whenever we are here.

"Auntie, Can I talk to you about something?" I'm somewhat hesitant to ask her. I hope she will understand. I don't know what to do next if she doesn't.

"Of course, Son, you can tell me anything. You know that, right?" She is smiling but looks so serious.

"This is about my shares in your corporation." She seemed shocked by what I said. Fuck, I'm so nervous.

"Yes, what about it?" She was shocked and confused that I was talking about this to her. I'm not surprised. She knows I hate talking about my shares because I'm not ready for this kind of responsibility. She also knows my decision and stands about this.