Chapter 64 - Monthsary

Gideon POV

Today is our eleventh Monthsary celebration! Even now, I still feel like it's our first day. Every day is like a dream. A dream that I never wanted to wake up again. I'm so happy now. Like over the rainbow happy. I never thought I would be in this situation and that I would marry the person I have loved for a very long time. Before, I was okay already that I could be with him. I can take care of and love him even as his best friend. I never thought we would be this way. He was so in love at that time with someone else that I gave up my chance to be with him. I can never be selfish with him. It's enough for me that he is happy with the one he loves.

A month before we get married, we will have our wedding on June 25, the same time as our 1st Anniversary. For the reason that I want to be a June Bride/Groom, we decided to have our wedding in June. Many people said that It's a lucky charm for the two people to get married that month. Thankfully, Auntie Vanessa made that happen quickly. It's not legal yet for us two, both men, to get married here in Thailand, we decided to do it in Canada, and I'm pleased about it.

Auntie and I are so busy with the wedding details. I wanted to make it as simple as possible, but we had so many known people invited to the wedding, so Auntie and I decided to meet halfway. Since the day Auntie volunteered to help us, we have been busy planning for everything. Yes, we did hire a planner but knowing Auntie Vanessa and Me, who are known to be so meticulous about small details, we are sapping about everything.

I'm thankful that Auntie Vanessa and Uncle Luke have agreed to let us marry each other. I was so nervous that day, but I was shocked and super grateful to them. I feel relieved cause even if Mew told me that he doesn't care about his parent's opinion, I know how much he loves and respects his parent. I know how much their approval meant for him. I can never be the reason why he will have an issue with his parents. I love him so much to be that way.

Mew also asked for my parent's approval last year when we visited them during All Souls Day.

Flashback

We are currently here at my mom and dad's grave. I'm with Mew, Auntie Vanessa, and Uncle Luke. It's all soul's day! Every year, despite how busy we are, we make sure that we will always visit mom and dad during this day. We finish offering to their grave. We are now preparing all our things to return home when Mew suddenly speaks.

"Ahh, mom, dad. Can you go back first? I want to stay for a while with Gulf." He spoke

"Why, son? Is there something you want to do here?" His mom asked

"Mom, I want to talk to Auntie and Uncle alone with Gulf. I have something to tell them." Mew said. It seems that Auntie understood what Mew wanted to say. She smiles at us and speaks

"Okay! Come home before 5 pm, okay? We have a meeting with your planner, remember."

"Okay, Mom! We will be home before 5 pm. I promise!" Mew said, and then Auntie and Uncle left.

"So, what do you want to talk to, my parent, babe?" I asked him confusedly. I don't remember anything we need to talk to my parents about.

"Ahh, Baby, I just remember that I haven't asked your parents for your hands in marriage." he shyly said. Is he serious?

"Hahaha, seriously, Mew? Do you still think about that?" I asked him

"Yes! I have been thinking about this since my parent gave us their blessing. I want to have your parents blessing too. I know it's important to you." He spoke

"Yes, babe, but you know we can't know their opinion about us, right?" I said to him. I don't want it that he is stressing himself about something that he shouldn't have.