Chapter 21 - Appointment

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

"Without further ado, I would like to call him to join me on stage. Mr. Gideon Gulf Chantara!" Uncle Luke proudly announced to his employees and then looked at me again. He extended his hands and motioned me to go there near him.

Me? Why me? Seriously?

I can see how all employees gasped in their seats and stopped breathing for a few seconds. Can I blame them? They all knew me as the student in training, an assistant, someone they thought was hired to buy lunch for the president. An errand boy! Now me? As president of this big company?

Like seriously?

"Come, Gideon, come on the stage and join me!" Uncle Luke said while giving me the gesture to join him on stage. I was nervous and too afraid, but I knew I needed to follow Uncle, so I tried to smile and act cool with all of this. My knees are shaking! Every step I make feels so heavy that I might fall down in front of everyone.

After a few hard and unsure steps, I arrived on the stage. All the directors standing behind Uncle greeted me as if they knew me before. I can only smile at them as my response. Fuck! All these eyes look at me like I'm someone they don't expect to have this kind of privilege and responsibility.

"I'm sorry about this, Son. I know your opinion, but Your auntie and I talked about this. You are the only person we can trust! You know how much this company means for Mew! I will explain everything at home, but please bear with us for a while!" Uncle said to me in a low voice, almost like a whisper. He looks so desperate. I smiled at him as if I didn't have the heart to say no to him. I just nodded as an answer; he smiled widely, then turned around to look at INF employees again.

"Many of you, I know, will question this appointment, but let me tell you all now. Gideon Gulf Chantara is not just a mere student like most of you know. Gideon is someone important to my family and me. He is my Son's Best friend. His family and Mine are good friends. My wife and I consider him our son and family member. He also owned 10% shares of the whole corporation. So please, give him the respect you are giving my son and me. I will email all the details of his appointment to all of you. Kindly read it to know the complete details of these sudden changes. Are we clear on that?" Uncle said with much authority while I was staying beside him.

Fuck! I think my face looks red now! I feel so overwhelmed and so unsure about everything that is happening. They are happening so fast that it's hard for me to follow. I'm not ready for this! How can I handle all these people and duties? I saw how tiresome it is for Mew; now, it's my responsibility. What the hell?

All the employees inside the Auditorium say Yes to Uncle Luke.

"I look forward to all your cooperation regarding these changes. That is all for now! You may now go back to your stations, and again good day to all of you!"

Auntie Vanessa and Uncle explained how they came up with this decision.

Even before Mew left, the company encountered some sensitive issues. Someone inside the company is destroying many of their projects. Someone killed Mew's developed program when I worked with him on one of their biggest clients. It's good that Mew was able to fix it on time because if not. It will undoubtedly impact INF! They don't know who is responsible for those acts or the motive.