Chapter 15 - Is this goodbye?

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

After Mew and I talked, I decided to return to my desk to do all the necessary things for Mew's plan this Saturday. I can only sigh deeply, looking at my laptop and seeing all these preparations and stuff for Mew's proposal.

Am I doing the right thing? Is it okay for me to help Marcus prepare for his proposal to Allyssa even though I know I would be hurt after this? Can I not be selfish for one? I already know the answer to this! I'm doing the right thing for Marcus, but not for me. I can never be selfish because Mew would suffer if I did.

I know it's not for me, but I need to make all this as perfect as I imagine my love doing this to me. I didn't attend my class earlier for this. I had to ensure everything was ready, from the venue to the store where I would get the rings. Yes! I also choose the ring for him. It's so beautiful! I had chosen a simple platinum plated engagement ring with 2-carat diamonds as its center stone as Mew's proposal ring. I already know Allyssa's ring size because Marcus already provided it to me.

Mew wants to choose this himself, but he got so focused on his work. He wants to finish it all, so they have the following week for their vacation without worrying about any distraction from Mew's Work. I choose the ring that I like. I don't have Allyssa's preference. Maybe she likes extravagant rings, but to be safe. I prefer a simple one. Marcus can blame it on me if Allyssa does not like it. She can even give it to me! Fuck! How I wish!

Allyssa is so lucky with Marcus because I witness how much he loves her. He loves her more than anything or anyone in this world. I can see all of that, judging by how he treats her.

"Be happy, Gulf! Be pleased for him because finally! As Marcus said, he finally has the assurance he always wanted with Allyssa. You'll be going to be okay, Gulf! Everything is going to be okay. It's destiny's act. There is nothing you can do to stop it. You just had to accept and move on. Maybe find someone else too! Someone who will love you more than I love him! Someone who loves you first and can sacrifice everything to make you smile! In time, you will be okay! Hopefully!"

That's the line I always tell myself whenever I feel my tear will flow any minute or I will feel so hurt again. How can I not be? I'm not numb! But I need to get through this. I need to accept it! I don't have a choice but to abide and be there for him.

Because I've known Mew for so long, I already knew his liking. I planned everything according to his preference. I have known him since I started to walk and talk. All the things that his likes and dislikes are already embedded here in my heart and mind. To his favorite color, his favorite food, as in everything! I even know it more than him!

Marcus! I hope Allyssa will make you happy. Someplace in my heart wishes for Allyssa to say. No, but I know how much it will hurt Mew. It will surely kill him, so I want her to say Yes. For Mew! I hope she is the one. Fuck! I can't see you broken again. I can't take it! I can't bear to see you cry like last time. I know how much pain he can tolerate, but not this pain. I still remember how many tears he cried that day, just because he was unsure if Allyssa loved him enough. What more if she rejects him? His world will surely crumble at his feet. It's okay if it's me. But not you, Marcus. I can't take it if it's you!"