A break new type

Alvin was at the lab

Alvin was at the lab. No he wasn't there alone, some of my team were there. So they checked in on him regularly or they made him sit in the same room as them.

I went back to the home I was at this morning. There were cops around doing their thing, the scene however had been secured and processed. "What are we doing here" Alvin asks yes I brought him. We were stretching his legs when a thought occurred to me. I didn't know how to articulate the thought itself I just knew I needed to be here "am I going to see a dead body because I'm not Flora I don't want to see dead things and get all nerdy" "you shouldn't talk about your sister like that one day you might need her and she won't be willing if she hears you talk like that" "luckily she isn't here...god these photos are annoying they are like the ones in grandpas place you can just tell everyone is faking it" I look at him confused "what" "the photos no one wanted to be there even this one that people would normally say Aww you have such a nice family and gush about the family no one wants to be there they are all for show" "do we have any of those photos" "no but someone is always pulling a face" he mused "mum I'm bored why are we here" he complained "something told me to" I said looking around. I don't bring my children ever to a scene I didn't plan this though.

Walking to the school with Alvin beside me. I told him if he ran he was going to be stuck with his grandfather. He got excited at the prospect of hanging out with Jay all day before realising my dad is stricter than me. I also added that he wasn't allowed to go anywhere. "So am I going to bored out of my mind for the rest of my life" Alvin groans as he dramatically lays on the grass "only until you aren't suspended and we are going to do all your school work" he groans for an eleven year old his very dramatic.

"Did you have to walk mum I'm so tired can we call dad" Lexi said ironically she's the one who would be running with Alvin who was rocking on his feet or twirling. "I agree and we have to get Millie" Justin said goggles on his forehead. Jay has tried to give him a pep talk about maybe not wearing the goggles at school, not wanting him to be bullied. It didn't work also Lexi and Alvin decided to chime in and tell Jay they will kill anyone who makes fun of Justin.

"Mum" MillieFlorence walks over hugging me. They were all so different about affection. MillieFlorence adored it and wanted every type of affection there was. Alvin hates it, the twins just don't like it in public unless they are injured or something. The twins will however allow it more Justin than Lexi but don't like it. "We continued learnt about plants we even started learning about great figures" she said holding up her book smiling "we are going to do one great figure of history a month although Miss Honey did say some are shorter than others like we may need a whole month for Einstein while Aristotle only may take a few weeks...she also said it depends on our interests I can't wait for Charles Darwin his theory of evolution" "your nerd is showing Flora" Alvin mused "I think I prefer Nikola Tesla or Guglielmo Marconi or Alexander Graham Bell" "who" Lexi asks "they are famous inventors Bell created the telephone Marconi the radio and Tesla" "Tesla's right" Alvin said "that's Elon musk" Lexi said rolling her eyes "Tesla created alter alternating current which proved to be more reliable than Edison's direct one...Edison invented the light bulb" MillieFlorence said as we make it to the house.

Alvin was sitting at the small table in the kitchen. His books spread across the table and beside him "mum" I rush back into the room "do I have to" he complains "a page come on than we can do something run around you pick before we do another" he groans "not all of us are smart like you" "which is why I'm here to help I'm sure if you asked your sister to help she would to" "I'm not asking Flora" "than I can help" "mummy" Aniyah squeals running over to me I hug her before she runs off "hey babe" Jay said walking over to kiss me. "What's going on" he looks between me and Alvin. Alvin was never down here none of the kids were, ok MillieFlorence sometimes did. "Mum says I have to finish a page" I sigh "let me help not everyone is a genius like your mum" I give Jay a strange look "since when do you have any interest in their schoolwork" I said quietly jay gently pulls me away so Alvin won't here "I don't but let me try if that doesn't work let Kelly do it I think you being so smart along with half of his siblings might be overwhelming Lexi is the only other sibling that isn't a genius I mean Aniyah could be but we don't know yet...Lexi is average he struggles in general and having siblings that could probably do college level and he can't comprehend what's going on just leave this to me and Kelly for now if we need you we'll ask" I sigh leaning into hug him. "Will also wanted me to tell you he wants to talk to you about alvin" he watches me upon seeing my look I was thinking my troubled child did something "he didn't do anything it's something to do with his energy levels I don't know" I sigh nodding "I don't I'll get it when I have time I have to much right now" "go deal with our genius children or Lexi who has no problem asking you" Jay said making me sigh "if it gets confusing" "I'll ask you don't worry me and him got this" "do you because you have avoided their schoolwork like you will catch a deadly disease from it" "I know but he let me try ok" I nod "if he pulls the your not my father card remind him he lives here and Kelly is coming over later" "oh don't worry I know how to deal with evil Severide" I watch from the doorway "come on we're going outside" Jay said grabbing the book "but mum said" "don't worry we'll get it done outside" Jay said walking away with Alvin beside him.