Lovely

I walk through school holding a plant

I walk through school holding a plant. My English teacher miss Hudson gave it to me to give to mum, they are friends. It's a beautiful plant. I held my book making my way to the library. I had a free period I usually just sit in the library. "Morning Millie" Miss gables the librarian said. "I got a new order in want to help me organise them" she asks making me smile "of course" I put my stuff down smiling at her. She knew I loved organising books it's my happy place. "Still don't know why your dad didn't want you to move up a grade" I shrug "does your mum know" "no" "honey you need to tell your mum" "mums sick I don't want to worry or concern her plus it would make dad mad" "well your grandfather isn't he around a lot" I nod "dad will still men mad he had his reasons" "you do what's right you always do" she assured pulling some of the new books out.

I was stacking books on the shelf "moon moon" Alvin said making me look up. "What are you doing here aren't you meant to be in class" "yeah yeah but uh" "well spell it out I'm busy" "of course your helping miss gables" he said rolling his eyes "what's wrong" I sigh looking at him "dads going to kill me" "my dad or your dad" "both that's what your focused on I need help" "how am I meant to help if you don't tell me what's going on" "I'll tell just don't tell anyone I'm here" I roll my eyes putting books on the shelves "so you know how we had homework" "you didn't do it" "the assignment and" "your pausing is annoying" "so no to dramatic effect" I just stare at him unamused "ok ok you know Mack" "asshole Mack yeah" "well he wants to kill me" I pause "why" "does it matter Lucas his right hand is obsessed with you" "I'm still confused as to how dad and uncle Kelly are going to kill you" "I'm skipping, I didn't do the assignment, I got caught fighting should I go on" I sigh "why does Mack want to kill you" "why does anyone why do you" "put these on the shelf behind you in the order they are stacked in" I said handing him a stack of books "please tell Lucas to make Mack stop I hate running through the halls" "thought you loved running" "doesn't mean I want to run in fear wasn't it you that said we can't learn in fear" I sigh "mum said it but I'll try" "thank you don't tell Lexi but your my favourite sister" he said smiling "this on has a j where as the other have an l on the sticker thing does it" I look over sighing "no that one goes there see your aren't stupid" I muse making him awkwardly smile.

I didn't want to but I had promised Alvin I would. I follow them down the corridor and into an isolated room. I now knew Mack was the reason Alvin had bruises on his stomach, something I accidentally found out. I couldn't let this go on. "Leave Alvin alone" my voice caught their attention "what do we have here nerdy Halstead" Mack said "dude leave her alone" Lucas said "what are you doing to do...do our homework" Mack said sighing. The shattering of the plant was the last thing I heard. Other than Lucas pleading for them to leave leave me alone.

I called the only person I knew who could help me. I had ran as far and as fast as I could. I knew people would be worried but I didn't care. "Mumma I need you" my mind was so foggy I was so scared to go inside. "I'm at lakeshore" I nod sitting down on a bench.

"Millie" someone said cautiously. I knew it wasn't mum mum would call me moon. "Hey it's Sylvie I work with your uncle Kelly" "don't tell him please mum is coming don't tell her" "I won't what happened why didn't you go to med where your uncle is" I don't answer "can I just make sure the cut on your head is ok" I slowly nod. "Mumma"'said racing over to her crying into her arms. "He" "you don't have to say" "I was just checking her head she wouldn't go inside" Sylvie said "I won't tell anyone" Sylvie said to me before walking off.

Two cops walk in "what happened" they didn't seem nice or caring looking at mum who nods before leaving the room.

I pace the hallway "everything ok" "Kelly I need you to do get security camera footage when you pick Alvin up don't tell alvin anything" "how am I meant to get that what's happening" "Moon was sexually assaulted in a classroom" "I'll get the footage don't worry about alvin does jay know" "no but judging by the fact I'm probably going to have to call my dad because the cops here aren't the nicest and what I heard are blaming her" "Millie is the nicest person ever how could this ever be her fault" I shrug "no idea but my dad will definitely be getting a call" "don't wait to long I'll get the footage" "thank you" "who would have thought us coming together again would be because of Millie" "last time was Justin now moon" I sigh

I was pacing the hallway at the police district. They didn't believe her they were trying to get her all twisted up. I snapped at them once for it. I had to leave to call reinforcements. "Delilah" I rush to my dad hugging him. "What's going on why couldn't I bring jay" I step back pulling him with me so he could see MillieFlorence inside. "What happened" "I don't know all the details but she was sexually assaulted in a classroom she went to lakeshore and called me" he nods "she doesn't want anyone to know but they don't believe her" he frowns I hug him "there's video" i whisper before stepping back "they haven't investigated even threaded to arrest me because I was defending her jay would make it worse we both know if he was here" "he would want to take her and protect her both of you actually" "I didn't know what to do" he kisses my head "how about you go get a drink for the two of you" "I'm not  leaving her" "there's a shop right next door I need you to take a breath" I knew why he was panicking. He was scared to loose me and being in this worried state wasn't good for me. "Let me take care of it" he said kissing my head before walking off.

"How's moon" I jump spinning around "what are you doing here" "I needed to take sure you were ok" I lean against the wall taking a deep breath "she's a kid Kelly" he wraps his arms around me pulling me to him "don't let anyone know about the video" "I know the rules don't worry only April will know to where to find it if it goes pear shape like normal" he assured me "is your dad" "saving moon god I hate that he can do it and I can't" I said sighing "she's broken Kelly" "but broken kids can be fixed isn't that what you said about your brother after your mother" I smile "maybe a trip to Arizona to see Olive and Daniel" "she have her new baby" I look at him confused "she has Abby and Daniel" "I swear Erin said she's pregnant" "moon did love New York City" "Erin has time off" "you and my sister" "just talking" "we both know you don't talk Mr Severide" he laughs "we aren't killing anyone right" "as long as that someone isn't a teacher and just a student a horrible monster of a student" he nods "well protect her" "how" "right now your dad is in there doing his thing protecting her you had me get the video your doing everything in your capabilities" he said holding me tightly "thank you for coming" "always I should probably get home before benji kills Stella or burns the house down" I roll my eyes "his not going to kill Stella drive her insane now his very good at burn down the apartment that's also very likely the kid can't cook at all" "who cooks when jays working late" i pretend to be offended "I do but moon loves cooking same with Justin" "would never guess Justin does" I nod "he always wants to cook thankfully now they are old enough to basically do it on there own if I can't and everyone knows so Jay can normally leave pretty early" he nods kissing my head.