A normal like no other

I lay in my bed sighing

I lay in my bed sighing. Some one always came over to help with the afternoon craziness. Mainly Kim or Adam with Mikyla usually jay when they couldn't. By afternoon I'm so exhausted. I had started Chemo. I was terrified I would loose my hair. It's so trivial in the grand scheme of things. But that's what I'm focusing on. I can't think I'll be exactly like my mother. Dad and Jay were downstairs. I sigh hearing Alvin scream at jay again. So much for listening and i me.

A moment later Alvin is cuddling up to me. I could hear jay trying to stop him before he got here. "What's wrong" I said wrapping my arms around him "are you going to die" Alvin said I could hear jay sigh from the door "I don't want to I'm going to fight hard to stay with you and your siblings" Alvin nods "i why can't" Alvin sighs cuddling into me "this have anything do with why your been so annoying to Jay" "yeah I I haven't been the best have I" "you should talk to him he loves you" "I just" "you don't like Stella" I question "no I like her or I did" "what's wrong" "dads with her a lot and it's annoying when she tells me things she's not my parents" "what about jay" "his my papa jay" he shrugs "your just having a hard time with Stella and having trouble with jay doing everything and now finding out I have cancer" "are you going to die" "I can answer that but you have all your siblings jay grandpa your dad Stella and that's not including their teams" I assured him I wanted to give him hope but I just couldn't. Not when I didn't know. I just held him tightly.

"Want me to take him to bed"  Jay asks walking in "no his good...he hasn't wanted to cuddle with me since he was a six" Jay just hums getting ready for bed himself "the other kids" "all in bed MillieMoon might still be reading but I'm going to pretend to not know for the minute" he mused "he knows about the cancer" "think Mil does as well don't think the twins or Niyah know though" "how did they find out" "they care and are both very smart" "all our kids care and are smart jay" I roll my eyes "I need you to promise me you won't give up I can't do this on my own and we both know your dad will be destroyed so he won't be much help to begin with and I can't do five alone" "four we both know" "we both know me and Kelly would never separate them he will make sure I'm always in his life just like I will always make sure his in their life" "I won't give up" i assure him.

The morning was madness. "Vinny is never sleeping with us again" Jay mused as he walked over kissing me. He was holding Aniyah who had her head rested on his shoulder. "Put a shirt on dad god gross" MillieFlorence said when we look over she was dramatically covering her face. "Only mum likes seeing it" Lexi rose added from her spot beside MillieFlorence "I feel so attacked right now" "you do I'm being brought into this" I said sighing "ok bags packed go on make sure you have everything for today" I said "but I just got here" Alvin said "get up earlier you can eat an apple or something on the way" I said shrugging smiling as I walk over kissing his head.

"Mumma daddy isn't listening his doing it wrong" "how could i been doing it wrong I've been founding it all while mummy was sick" "daddy never does it right does he" Lexi Rose muses tickling Aniyah making her giggle.