Home where the Heart is

The house was quiet as everyone was as asleep

The house was quiet as everyone was as asleep. I struggle into the room I use to call my own. "Can't sleep" I jump "sorry between you not being beside me and the kids I don't sleep much" I sigh climbing into bed beside him. "I don't sleep much without you" his arms are instantly around me pulling me closer. "Never leave again" "I don't plan on it" I assure him snuggling into him. "Maybe we'll both sleep" "can't if you keep taking" "but I want to tell you how much I love you and how much I love that you don't want a divorce now" "I would never dream about it how about we go to sleep now before one of the kids comes looking for us and wake up pretending none of this happened" "we can't pretend forever" "just until the baby is here and you know we get a dna test and know for certain" he shrugged his eyes still closed I can't help the compulsion drew me towards him. My lips effortlessly landing on his, his lips reacting naturally. His eyes open and he just looks at me as I pull away "I love you" he leans forwards kissing me "ok now we sleep no more kissing me" I gasp "you kissed me to" he smirks "close your eyes Dellie you need sleep" I sigh snuggling into his chest agin. Was I moving to fast. I literally just moved back in.

Like normal the morning moved quickly. I walk up to door knocking the kids around me. Dad opening the door hugging them as they entered. "Did you sleep with Ruzek" dad asks me I instantly look at the kids "shh they don't know anything" "you went away and lived with somewhere else pretty sure they know something" I roll my eyes "we don't know I was drunk" "you know your not meant to drink" "I know it's not like I actively drink" he just stares at me "look neither I or Adam know anything I'll explain it when I get back I have to pick Daniel up from the airport" "how's Olive and Abby" "Olive blames me and rightfully so" "it's not your fault" "let me get Daniel and then we can talk ok" I said sighing looking at the kids. "Can I come with you mumma" Justin asks appearing at my side I kneel down "not this time baby" I could see it on his face the look of heartbreak "I need you to be brave extra brave I know you can do how about you work on a new invention I know you love that" I held him in my arms "I want you to be so so brave and make me something I'll be back before you know it and I'll be with Daniel" he pouts hugging and kissing me before running off. "His like you" I hum "don't worry I know what your mother did when you were hysterical about me leaving" I look at dad who sighs before kissing my head following after Daniel.

"Aunty Millie" Daniel cheered running over to me. I hold him close his exactly like my brother Justin. The similarities are sometimes eerie as they were comforting. I held onto him as I sign a few documents the airport need me to sign before we begin to leave. "Mums sad and Abby doesn't leave her room I think mum is only sad because Abby is not because of anything else" he rambled smiling. He always told me anything and everything. "I want to move to Chicago I don't like it in Arizona but I don't want to leave mum or Abby" I hug him before opening the door for him. "Have you told your mum" "yeah I told everyone" he sighs as I close the door going around to the other side and getting in myself. "In that case I'm sure she'll have a plan to make you happy" "why can't I live with grandpa or you and uncle Jay I wanted to when he was alive I hated him" I sigh feeling sick. I didn't know if it was because of the baby or the fact my nephew was so unhappy and I didn't notice. "Come on your cousins are excited to see you" I said smiling

Daniel was running in front of me up to the door. I open it walking in like it's my own house. "Danny" Aniyah was the first to notice running over. "I made this for you mumma" Justin said I smile taking the wooden construction he made. "He was fine" dad said before walking over hugging Daniel. "Can I live with you" Daniel asks making dad look at me, I shrug.

She was sitting on the couch. The children playing all together or reading. "You going to tell me what's going on" dad said passing me a glass of water. "What do you want to know" "maybe the pregnancy" he said sitting on the lounge chair facing me. That was always his chair, even when I was growing up. "It's not jays we haven't uh I went out with everyone drinking and you know me one drink two drinks is" "not good when mixed with all the medications your on your brother helped show us that" dad said "anyways I don't remember anything from that night I know I woke up at adams fully clothed so...the alternative is much worse so I'm just going with that his my baby daddy I don't want to think about it" dad just leans forward and squeezes my hand. "Did you know Daniel wanted to live here" "his said it a few times before but I just assumed he wanted to be with his cousins this is his first time being back since...dad the relief on his face when he spoke of him being dead something else happened on Arizona" he nods "we'll keep an eye on it" he assured me "and if it comes out something else happened to you that night we will deal with this the Voight way" he told me making me nod quickly. I knew what that meant. The Voight way everyone knew what that was. Well everyone who knew us or heard of my dad or brother, the two build quiet a reputation.