Doctors Know Best

"Will" I said seeing the man at the end of my bed

"Will" I said seeing the man at the end of my bed. "Hi" he sighs "it's bad news isn't it" "how long have you been sick Lilah" "a week maybe a bit more I'm sure jay remembers he's been doing everything and refusing to let me do anything" "your blood work is elevated" he told me "I know alot and have a higher iq than most but your the doctor what's that mean" "we're running more test because we don't know it could mean a number of things" "I'm not pregnant right five is enough" "no your not pregnant" I sigh nod "we are going to take another blood test another with getting an mri" "is there a reason for the mri" "a few of the reasons for the elevation in your blood will show up a on an mri" "I nod sighing "we will give you a sedative" will began but got cut off by jay running into the room. "Your ok" Jay said kissing my head "Vinny" "his outside with your dad Kelly was here said he didn't even try take him to school knew he wouldn't go without knowing your ok" I sigh nodding. "Tell my dad to bring him in" "are you sure" "yeah let will fill you in on what's going on while I talk to him...tell him everything" I said the last bit directed to Will. I knew Will wouldn't care and would probably just tell Jay but some doctors needed a verbal confirmation.

"Mum are you ok I was so worried when you collapsed in dads arms" I raises my hand rubbing his face "I'm ok" "promise" "now we know I can't promise something I don't know but I can say right now I'm fine" he nods holding him wrist "I do need you to do something for me" he nods showing me he was listening "I need you to look out for your younger siblings help jay and your grandpa" I knew they all would be on there best behaviour but I knew Alvin needed me to say it. I knew he would be an Angel now, that's just how he was. The only other was Lexi rose but she would follow Alvin's lead. "We got to take your mum Vinny" will said coming back in "what no" I could hear the fear "hey Vinny it's ok they need to do they can work out what's wrong I can't get better if I don't get the tests I want you to go be with jay and your grandpa I'm sure if you ask they will let you stay and with your dad if that's what you want" Alvin nods "nothing bad right" "nothing bad Will will make sure of it" he slowly nods looking at Will before kissing my head. He grabs jays hand letting him lead them back.

I woke in my room with jay holding my hand. "Voight took Alvin his going to take him and Moon Lexi and Justin are going to go to wills after and kevin demanded his girl so Aniyah is going over to his after preschool it's already organised" I smile squeezing his hand my dad would have loved all of them at the house, bring life to house as he would put it. Five kids is a lot though so generally we spilt them up between Will and dads.

I felt ringing in my ears. The word cancer bouncing around my head like I had been hit by a train. I couldn't be my mother. I just couldn't. I was at home now with promise to go to the specialist on the morning. I refuse to be my mother. How was I, how could this. How could I have cancer. According to Will it doesn't appear to be life threatening in the sense I could come home and process. He did make me promise to come back in the morning said waiting will only make it worse. Jay sighs coming over and hugging me holding me tightly. "We haven't had any time alone since before Moon joined the fun" I sigh against him. "We'll do whatever you need" I nod "I love you" "your going to be fine" "pretty sure my dad said that to my mother" "you aren't your mother your my Dede our kids mother Lilah to most" he listed kissing my head. "Let's go to bed" he sighed leading to the bed. I lay against him, my head against him. "Who would of dreamt that the first moment we have alone we are just cuddling in bed" I can't help but laugh "all the other times we have done other things" "normally I would take the opportunity but god I feel like I need a nap" "me to" I sigh chuckling quietly "why did we have five kids who thought that was a good idea" "don't complain we love them" "some more than others" I give him a hard look "I was talking about moon she's my girl" "you sure I think she's my dads girl" Jay rolls his eyes "your right Aniyah is my girl" "damn right that girl follows you around like you are the air she breath" "who's your child" "probably Justin Alvin worships Kelly and Lexi breast to her own drum" "think Alvin worships you just as much man that kid has been annoying me if I didn't love him so much I would have killed him ages ago" "if you didn't want to kill one of them at least once a day your not parenting right" "what" "I heard my mum say it it was a joke to my dad and some of their friends" Jay nods "I think I knew about the cancer I've been thinking of my mum a lot more than usual" Jay just nods kissing my head "I'll do anything for you" he assured me. "I love you so much" I said falling asleep against him, with him holding me rubbing his fingers along my back and through my hair.