Alive

Despite there being a rush on it the results on the dna test still haven't come back. DelilahJo was in the icu having survived the surgery. Jay was torn, he wanted to be with her so badly. Wrap her up and take her away. His children were counting on him. Lexi Rose and Aniyah JayLee were both unconscious. MillieFlorence had a right leg, dislocated right hip, broken left wrist and broken right collarbone. Justin had  and a shattered left hand and broken right ankle. He needs surgery on his hand but they are pushing that back as long as they can, he freaked out with the idea and it will give him a better chance of recovery. Jay was trying to ease him into the idea but with two siblings unconscious, a mother who he wants more than anything also unconscious and everyone else with some injury it's hard.

Jay pushed MillieFlorence in the wheelchair, Justin on his back. They had gone out for lunch, none of they wanted to leave but they needed to. Jay knew the kids needed it. "Papa" Alvin said running over normally he probably would have jumped on jay. "Hey" Jay said smiling, as Kelly joins Alvin is pushing MillieFlorence and the two siblings are laughing. "Reminds me of when it was just the two of them" Kelly mused "any news" Jay shakes his head. Normally Kelly would talk to Justin as well but anyone could see Justin wasn't going to answer or talk. He hadn't spoken to anyone besides jay. "Voight is upstairs and of course wills here they will call me if anything happens I told them he can make urgent decisions though" "want me to take them for a walk" Kelly asks as Jay adjusts Justin. "You can take them his not going to leave me" "is Erin coming back" "she just left spoke to her last night she's not sure she did make them happy" Kelly nods "you going to be ok" "yeah" Jay nods "I know i can sit up there with them or take them more chief gave me to take time off" Kelly said "I don't want to leave them and he doesn't want to leave my side" Jay said sighing "we'll just these two for now you need anything you call" Kelly said walking over to Alvin and MillieFlorence. "Just me and you big guy" Jay sighed adjusting Justin as he started walking. "Jay were Millie" Will said worried "outside with Kelly and Alvin" Jay shrugged making his way to the elevator.

Justin was drawing, he was sitting on a chair opposite jay in the middle of an unconscious Aniyah and unconscious Lexi rose. "I know you don't want to but just know I'm here if you want to talk...even if it's your favourite memory or if it's what happened I'm here" Jay said making Justin pause before drawing again. "It was loud like a bang than a screeching" his voice was shaking just like that he stopped talking. His eyes clouded over like he was having a flashback before he shakes his head and us back to drawing. Jay had to remind himself how hard it was talking about his time overseas, hell he hadn't told DelilahJo most of it. This was Justin's version of that. To Justin this was just as bad as his time in the war, they were equal. If jay couldn't tell the woman he loves more than anything he can't expect Justin to tell him.

"How are they" Voight asks walking in "the same" Jay sighs rubbing his face "Lilah is improving" Jay nods. As Voight moves further into the room as well as some nurses to check on the two unconscious halsteads Justin jumps up at rambling into his fathers arms. "Moon" "with Kelly and Alvin downstairs" Jay said holding Justin tightly.

"Results are back" Will said walking in. Jay didn't care. Well he kinda did to an extent. This would tell him if his friend slept with his wife. "I don't care" "Jay" "no the baby isn't mine and right now I don't think I can handle the thought of a friend sleeping with the love of my life" Jay snapped the thought of one of his kids dying and the baby living consumed him.

Adam walked in "the baby isn't mine which means something horrible happened to her that night" "we aren't going to tell her" Jay said "completely agree" Adam said nodding "how would you feel if we told everyone I'm the dad" "ruz what about you and Kim your family Makayla your daughter" "my best friend is in there fighting for her life and if this baby is the last thing I have from her" "Dede is going to make it" "she's stubborn" Adam nods "will they let you" "she's told everyone it's my baby so maybe if your on board we can say that we agreed that I'm the dad" "they're are doing another test dna Will said something about there being an extra strand or something I don't know there was a few irregularities Wills the doctor and I'm barely paying attention to anything beyond find out my children and wife are ok" Jay said that's when notices MillieFlorence laying in a bed holding his hand sleeping. "Where's Justin his normally attached to you" "told Will to knock him out and do the surgery they kept saying how it was going to be worse in the long run they didn't literally knock him out he screamed and cried a lot" Jay sighed "she's having nightmares about being attacked on top of the crash and my other two are still out" Jay sighed gesturing across the room where the two unconscious Halstead children lay. "They will be fine they got both yours and Lilahs stubborn genetics" Adam said

Justin woke up from the sedation completely out of it and unable to move his hand. He started to panic and despite the nurses and doctors best effort his heart rate kept rising. "Justin hey hey I need you to breathe" Will said rubbing in "uncle Will" he spluttered out confused the confusion momentarily calmed him "mums dead and i where's dad" "his not here they just have to check a few things" "no no I want dad" "what about grandpa" Hank said walking casually, "grandpa"  that was the first thing he said to Hank since the accident. "Yeah I'm here kiddo" Hank made his way to stand beside the bed "how about I stay here while they work on you and we go up to your dad together I hear Moon has been asking for me" "your her favourite" Justin said before going quiet again. Hank knew his daughter was Justin's favourite, ironic like his namesake. Lexi was more into Jay and Alvin. Alvin preferred his dad and Lexi. Jay and DelilahJo loved them all equally it was just obvious that some of the kids had favourites. A natural thing maybe.

Justin launched himself into his dads arms the moment he was him. "Hey bud your alright" Jay said rubbing his back confused as to why Hank was with him. "Grandpa" MillieFlorence said forcing herself up which clearly caused her pain. "It's so boring" Alvin whined "Kelly had to grab some stuff we are going to try get moon and Justin to sleep at home...no I don't think he'll go" Jay said seeing the confused look on hanks face. "Vinny" Daniel cheered as him and Abby rush into the room. The three children start speaking quickly and animatedly, including Abby in there conversation a rare thing. "I know I've been distance since everything went down but I figured you guys might need help and the kids missed there cousins" Olive said awkwardly jay nods. "Grandpa" Daniel said rushing over like he just noticed him before talking to MillieFlorence. "Are you my grandpa to Danny told me we share different daddies and your his daddy's daddy" Abby said looking at Hank who looks at Olive "as long as this is your brother your my granddaughter" she smiles hugging him before going back to alvin. "You didn't have to Hank" "the same reason your a sister to Erin and Lilah they are my grandchildren" Hank said simply "want me to take them out or" "he won't leave" Jay said quickly holding Justin tightly. "How are you doing" "hanging in there" Jay said him and Oliver weren't close to he didn't want divulge everything. "Want me to take Alvin" she offered "as long as your prepared for him to do his own thing" Hank said knowing his grandson well. Out of all his grandchildren Alvin was the one he was positive would be calling him because he got arrested. "Take him downstairs there's a playground around the corner and if he started being him Will is downstairs" Jay said shrugging "any changes Erin's been keeping me updated" "Dede isn't on her death bed but they all remain unconscious" Jay said emotionlessly.