Mothers Always know

I held Aniyahs hand as we walk down the street

I held Aniyahs hand as we walk down the street. The rest of the kids were at school. "Can we have hot coco mummy" she was so excited. She always tells me her favourite day is with me. "Of course" I said however before we could do anything to the school rang.

"How is he" I ask hanging in there. I pull Alvin towards me hugging him. He lazily rests his head on my chest. I sign him out. "Why does Vinny alway ruin it" Aniyah said pouting. "I want coco" she demands "I'll make you some don't worry" I said glancing at my son.

Alvin laid on couch. "How are you baby" i ask stroking his hair he felt warm. "Come on lets get you to bed" "it's special mummy Ani day no Vinny" Aniyah said shaking her head. "Ani Vinny is sick he can't help it" "he sick or in touble always" she whined following me "daddy won't like sick Vinny in his bed" I roll my eyes "why don't you call your daddy" I pass her my phone already having calling jay. I make sure Alvin is comfortable and situated. "You want anything" "no" he said quietly "daddy Vinny sleeping in your bed" I hear Aniyah say. You could tell he was sick because of how quiet he was. Also how still he was. "Daddy wanna talk to mummy" I sigh taking the phone "hey" "he alright" "yeah just unwell Ani is bitter he ruined her day but everything else is fine" "want me to pick the kids up" "I hadn't even thought of that" "don't worry we'll divide and conquer here we got them you take can of Ani and Vinny" I sigh nodding "ok I love you" "love you more Dellie" he mused before hanging up.

"Mum we are home" MillieFlorence shouted like normal "we're Vinny is he ok" Lexi asked barreling into me as I came down the stairs holding Aniyah. "His sleeping no your not going to wake him" I said quick to catch Lexi "how was school" I ask smiling at Jay who was slowly walking over to me. All the kids answer with variations of how good school was. Jay kisses me on my lips before taking Aniyah from my arms. "What are you doing here" "Voight figured it would be easier if I just came here I have my phone on so if anything happens but I'm here" I nod should I be shocked between him and dad someone is always here. I pick up the discarded bags "how's vin" "asleep in our bed I have soup cooking I can make something else if we all don't want soup" "we can have soup" "Justin doesn't like soup" "tough I'm sure he will learn to love it" Jay said "come get your bags and put them away" he shouted up the steps. Justin was the first down the steps grabbing back from me. MillieFlorence was far behind. "Lexi" Jay shouted up "unpack your bags you can do what you want but homework has to be started before dinner" I tell the two "what" Lexi said from the top of the steps "come get your bag and put it way" Jay said I did love when he got into parent mode. Lexi crosses her arms defiantly. "Can I read one of your books mum" MillieFlorence said causing me to nod "be quiet when you get it your brother is asleep in there also make sure you at least start your homework before dinner I don't want anyone up for hours" she nods smiling racing upstairs. "You can work on your inventions but the same rules apply" I told Justin who smiles I look up when Lexi's bag was snatched from me "no electronics then is that how you want to play this I can keep going" Jay had put Aniyah on the couch. I watch Lexi dramatically walk down the stairs and snatch it from jay, or try to jay didn't let go. "Are you going to let go you wanted me to come get it" it was like watching a stand off. I walk over picking up my phone after hearing it go off. Seeing a text from Kelly asking how alvin was and if I needed anything "no dad" I heard Lexi yell making me look up I don't know what he said but clearly it was enough to make her fold. After assuring Kelly we were fine and that alvin was sleeping I turn back to the duo just in time to see Lexi march upstairs angrily. "What" Jay asks "you have no idea how hot you are when you parent them" "we are so lucky Ani isn't paying attention to us" he mused walking over kissing me. "I took her laptop and she's not allowed any electronics almost took books as well...told her she has to do her homework down here as well" I nod "thank you" "for what" "being here now" "you don't have to thank me besides you know you call I'll come" he said stroking my jaw looking in my eyes.

I was in the kitchen stirring the soup when I heard MillieFlorence scream making me sigh "how much do we want to bet it's Lexi" "I don't know" I begin to make my way upstairs "I got it" Jay said getting up. Not long after MillieFlorence is racing down the stairs and straight up to me. "I'm so sorry I'm sorry" she was crying "what's wrong" "Justin ripped the book" I sigh "he hurt the book he thought it was mine and he ripped it up" I rub my face honestly these children. I'm running out of ideas of how to punish them. "It's ok" I hug her tightly, looking up seeing Justin walk down in front of jay. "Go get the book and all the pages we'll try fix it" I tell MillieFlorence who nods. I watch Justin try to run back up the stairs but jay caught him. "Dad please she'll hate me" I go back to tending to the soup making sure it has just enough spices not to much not want to make Alvin vomits again. "Mumma" Justin said I look over seeing him shifting nervously "want to tell me what happened" I ask going to get another out. I wanted to add noodles or something right now the soup is just a few vegetables. "I ripped a book your book I didn't know it was yours" he said quickly "why" "Millie was annoying me" I rub my face knowing there is more to the story "no experimenting or inventing and you are going to help fix it...if you decide to tell us what really happened maybe I'll consider changing your punishment" how I knew something more happened, it takes a lot t get Millieflorence and Alvin mad. A lot more than normal annoying siblings the two usually just take it. Something triggered him to cross the line. Maybe it was because he wasn't getting a reaction but I knew she either said something or did something to make him snap. She was the calmest out of all of them she wouldn't buy into his annoying antics without reason. He was close behind her with how calming. They are still siblings though so despite being calm they do have the need to annoy each other more so Justin than MillieFlorence. She knows she can just use her intelligence against them. The two usually would back and forth with facts and smart things trying to be the smartest person in the world room. That's how I knew something more. It was more Alvin and Lexi that got physical, never these two. That's how I knew something more happened.