Answers kind of

YesterdayA doctor I had never seen walked into the room

Yesterday
A doctor I had never seen walked into the room. "DelilahJo Halstead" the doctor said checking making me very confused. "Yeah" "may I speak to my patient alone" "sorry buddy but we don't even know who you are" "Dr Wilson now May I speak to my patient alone" I could tell Jay was getting annoyed along with the doctor. I squeeze jays hand. "Whatever you have to say you can say in front of my husband I would kindly ask that you assess your bedside manner and would also like to know why your suddenly here wheres Will or Connor" "I see your on a first name basis with our doctors there was something found so your case was referred to me it's actually probably preferred you have someone with you" he said kindly "your blood results show you have Leukaemia" all the sound disappeared I couldn't hear anything. Jay looked at the doctor "will didn't say anything" "he assumed and paged me and ran other test to insure it wasn't worse and there was a mass somewhere"

"I need to see the kids" "so we'll see them personally I could go another day away from the chaos but I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy" I can't help but blush "does Kevin know about Aniyahs allergy" I gasp wanting to kick myself for being so focused on myself. How could I have a moment where I didn't think of things like this, this is normally all that floats around my head. "Hey you had probably the first moment in fifteen years where you haven't thought about one of the kids it's ok" Jay said his hands on either said of my face. "Kev knows she can't have nuts...and the others are with your dad and Will pretty sure alvin is going to Kelly's today and they all know that Lexi rose can't have limes and Justin won't eat kiwi fruit and MillieMoon is allergic to strawberries" he rattled off smiling at me "moon isn't allergic to strawberries" "she gets sick when she eats them" "ok she maybe allergic but she isn't anaphylactic like Aniyah with nuts and Lexi rose with limes I think she's just has an intolerance to them" "our other children are just annoying and want to be part of the fun" "Justin only hates kiwi fruit his easy otherwise" "you haven't been privy to Vinny's chaos whole new ball game no ham unless it's off the bone, won't eat blueberries but will happy throw them at one of his siblings, mashed potato but waits till you mashed it to tell you uh what else" I follow jay out the door to the car "cooked carrots, zucchini, those lolly snakes we get" "are you sure his not just being annoying I know you and him have been having...breathing problems" "the kid is driving me insane I don't know what it is" "one I have been in bed or unwell so you have been doing more I'm not excusing any of his behaviour and you know I never will" I said as we get in the car "maybe a try talk to him make sure it is just me being sick" "you think there's something else" "I don't know what I do know is you and him were always so close it could just be me being sick and him feeling like he doesn't have that parent there" "he knows I love him like my own" "does he though he went from me doing basically everything for them I'm not being mean to you doing everything he doesn't see his dad as much as he wants" "maybe a little less because you take him to visit and between them all" "it's hard I know I'm not saying your doing anything wrong I love you and think you are the absolute perfect father and truth be told Kelly could come get him more he just doesn't want to disrupt him that much I think and I could be wrong as you said I haven't been around that much but maybe he just needs to know your there...Stella is having trouble with him which I think is part of the reason his not staying over there as much. He was fine with her before they married and now he just doesn't there's a lot of tension and truth be told I think she's having a similar issue to you only you have an advantage and that is you have known him his entire life" he nods driving.

Seeing my kids before school were like a breath of fresh air. We all met up at a coffee shop. Kevin is now taking Aniyah on an adventure he claimed at least. I don't actually know. She could just be 'replacing' jay at the district. I held jays hand my leg shaking. I told Jay to ask all the questions he could think of because no doubt I won't be able to focus. Normally Im the one filling him in with all the facts but now I need him, the roles are reversed.

The doctor has explained the cancer and was now beginning on the treatment plan. "We have five kids will she be able to mother them she doesn't want to not be there parent" Jay said "with the exception of the first few day yes from what I know about you and your medical history of course I should warn you with any treatment there is always a trial and error period whether that be dosage or what your body can handle so there could be a few months where you can't be the mother you desire but I'm positive there will be a good outcome. Your young healthy and the type of leukaemia you have is treatable" he said I felt like for the second day in a row my mind was fuzzy and everything so foreign.

"I think you should have a day out go to Mollys or hangout with will" "I'm not leaving you with five kids" "four alvin is with Kelly" I correct him "we both know he won't last and will be back here" Jay said rolling his eyes "go out have fun please your been so worried about me and taking care of the kids you need a break our oldest is fourteen she will help if I need and they aren't completely useless" he sighs before nodding.

I lean against the counter. I decided to make pasta everyone loves it and it's easy. "Moon moon somethings wrong with mummy" I hear Aniyah squeal "what's up" "nothing baby just tired and dizzy" "where's Lex or Justie" she asks "in there room" "let me and Niyah help" she said certainly "you sit at the counter and tell us what to do" "I snuggle mummy snuggles always make me better" Aniyah said smiling climbing on the chair beside me. "It just needs to be stirred when it stars bubbling the pasta has to be cooked in the water" i said it was my mother recipe. The doorbell rang causing me to sigh "don't worry mumma I got it" "your four Niyah your not answer the door it's night" I sigh getting up and walking over "dad" I said confused "grandpa I miss you so much" Aniyah squealed jumping into his arms "Jay" I sigh "he didn't want you alone" "I told him I'll be fine" "but your not ok mummy your sick" "your snuggles made me better...just tired and dizzy" I said the last bit to dad "moon is making pasta" "I couldn't finish she panicked now moon is cooking mums pasta" i summarise "go get Justin and lexi" dad said "you sure your alright" "yeah" I nod walking into the kitchen.

I sat on the couch with my dad the kids all in bed or their room. "I don't want to be like mum" "you won't" he assures me hugging me. It's not something he can technically assure. I'm thankful we caught it early but that didn't stop the never ending fear. I passed out at the fire station which was completely unrelated to the cancer, the way the doctor told it is that I caught a cold as well and my body just could fight off both. Also why I've been vomiting. Said I should be great full for the flu because normally they don't catch it this early.