Fitting in

Lexi stood beside Abby nervously. Alvin and Daniel were inside what they were doing was a massive question for the two girls. Abby wasn't going to come she didn't want to, Daniel convinced her when he told her Lexi would be there. Lexi always went with Alvin.

"I'm sorry" Alvin said they were in a cell having been arrested. Lexi still doesn't know why or what for but she doesn't question it. Alvin and Daniel had broken into somewhere. "Hey our grandfather is Sargent Voight" Daniel said him being the oldest naturally took to doing most of the talk. The cop had been asking their names since they got here. The kids hadn't said a word before now. The Halstead/Severide duo knew not to talk to cops without their parents and the Voight/Jones duo followed.

"Grandpa" Abby and Lexi cheered as said man came and stood in front of the Jail cell. "Why are they in there" normal circumstances did not end with a child in a cell. "They wouldn't part and that one punched my buddy" the patrol office said pointing to Alvin who glared back. Sighing he opened the door the two girls hugged their grandfather. The boys moved much slower. If Hank wasn't as fast as he was the two boys would have taken off. "Let's go upstairs shall we" Hank said his hand on Alvin's shoulder guiding him, him being the more chaotic one. Daniel was close on his other side, but his hand was in Abby's. Lexi was beside her brother. Hank put the code in opening the caged gate Daniel doesn't hesitate. Lexi walks through but stops on the other side looking at Alvin. "Don't even think about running" Hank told his grandson gently pushing him forward. "But I dad" Hank just moved him forward before leading Abby in.

Everyone's eyes were on them. "Hi jay" Daniel said him being the only one who knew him and was willing to talk. Jay goes to speak before he sees his children. "What Lexi Alvin" he got up "go sit in the break room" Hank began shocking everyone at how soft he was but they were his grandchildren. "I don't want to can I see stay with you grandpa" Abby said her big eyes shining brightly. Hank nods walking away with his young granddaughter. Sure she wasn't biologically his granddaughter but Olive told him to treat her kids the same. She didn't have any parents and she wanted them to have a grandfather who considered her as family. "What" Jay began to question, Alvin wouldn't even look at him Lexi looks between her dad and brother unsure what to do. Jay rubs his face "Lexi go into the break room with Danny" Jay demanded "daddy" "not now Lexi" dad was mad he grabs Alvin's arm, gently he didn't want to hurt him.

He let go when they were in the interrogation room. He closes the door so they have privacy. He didn't know how to handle this. Sure there were boundaries he always left the punishing to Delilah-Jo and Kelly unless it just had to be done. But this was different "what...why did you think for one breaking in with your cousin was a good idea but bringing Lexi along and then you punch a cop" Jay rubs his face Alvin doesn't say anything "don't that's fine you and your bestie aren't going anywhere alone together I'll let your mother and father punish you but I can't keep you from Lexi" Jay said mad he left but never walked away he just remained around the corner.

"Daddy" "Lexi I thought I told you" "I brought her figured you would want to talk to her while I talk to him" Delilah-Jo said walking up behind "I told him no more Lexi" "well that might be tricky considering they live in the same house but from what I heard we'll deserved" she kissed his cheek before walking into the room. She knew this wouldn't be the last time.

Jay led Lexi into the viewing room, closing the door. "I'm sorry daddy" she was fidgeting and rolling her ankles "Lexi Rose you are one of the most special people in my life...it hurts my heart that you think you have to follow after Alvin because your an amazing firecracker" she giggles "am I really not allowed to be around him" Jay chuckles "how about we focus on Lexi what Lexi wants and I think you might be spending a lot of time here" "daddy" she said begging him. It's not that she didn't love the district it was just boring.

"What were you thinking breaking into a place taking Lexi" "I can't help that she follows me" "Alvin Benjamin" Delilah-Jo snapped making the eleven year old look at him. Delilah-Jo knew he wouldn't talk. "I spoke to your dad your going to live with him give you and Lexi some space" "mum please I'll be good Stella will be there and she's so annoying" "want to tell me why this happened or why you punched the cop" she kindly asks "the cop grabbed Lexi" sighing "ok obviously you can't stay there while his working so if you are behaving you will come back more" if Alvin thought about it he would realise that nothing would change. Maybe he will spent slightly more time with his dad and not have an option to come back when he is with his dad. But for the most part it's the time. "Your dad also told me to tell you your grounded" she added "go apologise your sister and cousins if they are still here oh and your grandfather then I want you to wait for me to grab my things and I will drop you at your dads" she said making him sigh and get up "hey Vinny I maybe so mad at you right now but I do love you" she said before he left.