Stronger

Everyone was on the mend. It was seeming to look up. Lexi rose was awake but she was struggling bad. She didn't have a leg. She didn't know it was jays decision just that she woke up and it was gone. Aniyah was also awake. She wasn't her usual bouncing off the wall, she was docile and clingy. Justin had been pulling back letting Aniyah snuggle their dad. It was obvious to everyone Alvin had change as well. Alvin was the perfect big brother not that he wasn't before he just wasn't bouncing off the walls. He was calm, tender and he helped his siblings with whatever they need. Dr Charles suggested to jay maybe he felt guilty that he only came out of the crash with a few stitches, while his siblings had broken bones, had been in coma's, lost limbs and his mother was on her death bed. Kelly had been the perfect father, Alvin had let Stella in. Now that the two were back at work alvin went between the hospital and the district. Of course the he was more than welcome at the firehouse and went sometimes but because Hank could just leave it was easier he went with Hank, also he love to hang out with his siblings.

Jay was holding Aniyah in his arms holding bags of there stuff. Lexi Rose was in a wheelchair, she wasn't use to walking with one leg yet, she did have crutches though. Alvin helped jay collect there stuff, while normally he would complain he just did what needed to be done. Which was comforting and good but strange. Justin who's arm is still bandaged stood beside the wheelchair, he hadn't gone far from him twin. The whole twin thing was in full force. They were going home. Of course it was a bittersweet thing considering DelilahJo was upstairs. Luckily MillieFlorence was at the district with Hank so jay didn't have to worry about two wheelchairs.

They had just left the room when Justin fell. At first everyone had thought he had tripped or something it wasn't until he started seizing that the panic and worry set in. "Vin take your siblings back in the room" Jay tried to put Aniyah down but she wouldn't let go "hey Niyah I need you to be extra brave right now and go with Vinny and Lexi so daddy can help Justin when I come back we'll go see mummy ok" Jay said quickly his eyes darting from the child in his arms to the one on the floor. He gently puts her in the wheelchair beside Lexi rose who made room for him. Alvin nodded pushing the wheelchair with a lot of trouble back into the room. "I'll watch them worry about him" April said seeing Jay look torn he wanted to be there for all his kids. April despite being on duty she was DelilahJos best friend after Kelly and would do anything to help her kids. She knew DelilahJo would do the same without hesitation.

April ended up getting off early and just hanging out with the three Halstead/Severide kids. She took them to see DelilahJo after speaking to jay who didn't sound like himself. Then the three went out for lunch before going home. "How am I going to get upstairs" Lexi Rose said frowning "you will figure it out we're going to blink and your going to be just as fast as Vinny here" April said smiling at her "until then I'm sure your dad will help you....and guess what Millie is in the same boat so maybe there is a lot of sleep overs down here to be had" "moon didn't loose her leg" "no but hers does have a cast on it and I'm going to guess your going to master getting around long before it comes off" April said kindly. This accident had changed the entire family. Aniyah was ironically the only one who came out unscathed. Despite being in a coma there was nothing medically wrong with her. She had a scar that's long since healed much like Alvin's.

Jay was in shock. Justin was fine he was perfect. Everything was muffled. Just now lie on a ventilator. They got him upstairs to examine why he had a seizure to realise he had an aneurysm they couldn't determine if it was before or after the seizure but it caused a severe brain bleed. Jay didn't know what to think he went into shock after hearing there was a slim chance of survival. He kept going over the past few days trying to work out if there was signs. How could he blink and this happen. He was assured if Justin woke up and it was a big if he would have sever brain damage. They couldn't determine if it was the seizure, the lack of oxygen or the aneurysm but effectively a part of his brain was now dead. Jay knew they explained it all to him but he just didn't hear.

Jay pulled his phone out calling Voight "can you go to mine and watch Niyah Lexi and Vinny as well" there was silences for a moment "Justin had a seizure an aneurysm and brain bleed his on a ventilator and they don't have high hopes of him waking up" Jay summarised "April is with them I think Will is going to head over there you have Moon and they should be together with you if I can be there Kelly gets off tomorrow morning and will be there for breakfast Hailey offered but I know Moon hates her Vinny doesn't talk to her" he said "don't worry about the kids" "can't help it" "Erin is trying to come out" "don't let Olive around them alone she was weird about Dede and didn't want to be around the kids before...Dede called like a hundred times just so the kids could see each other I don't know what was said but she didn't want Olive around them at all her kids were the exception" Jay said "Niyah is clingy uh Lexi is really struggling with the fact she lost a leg" "Jay I got this my grandchildren will be fine" Hank said before hanging up.