Major Decisions

~10 years ago~
Alvin ran around the house screaming his random toy car, that he can sit on lay on its side abandon long ago. Jay walks out of the room holding a tiny newborn Justin against his chest. He instantly trips over the ride on toy luckily catching himself before he falls. Delilah can't help but laugh. Baby Lexi in her bassinet next to Delilah. "That kid I swear" "don't lie you love it" Delilah laughed at him "mumma mumma" Alvin ran over jumping on her making her groan. "Careful with mumma buddy she just had babies" Jay said making him pause and hold his mothers face. "Take them back" Alvin complained making the two adults laugh. "We can't buddy they are your siblings" Alvin shakes his head in dismay. "My son your my son" Jay said to little Justin as he sat on the couch, kissing Justin's head. "My baby" Delilah said kissing alvin making him scream in delight. "Mumma mumma look grandpa gave me we musam and look huge dinosaur" MillieFlorence said running over to Delilah, Hank standing by the door smiling "we are going to do so much" Jay mused he always had a random thing about having a boy "random things that your daughter won't want" Delilah questioned making jay smirk looking at Delilah. "Your daughter loves throwing balls" Delilah mused as MillieFlorence threw a ball at jay, said ball hit him on the head. Thankfully that was one of her balls so it bounced right off his head. "I'm going to corrupt your son" Delilah joked jay gasped dramatically "you wouldn't dare" he said holding Justin further away.
~Present~

Justin wouldn't let go of jay no matter how much jay tried to put him on a bed. Sighing jay just held onto the one son who didn't want anything to do with him when his mother was around. Jay couldn't help but laugh at how his son turned out the total opposite of what he imagined. Jay hadn't been sleeping much, so he had been thinking a lot of when they were little. How they would run to him whenever he came home. How even at a young age they were smarter than him. MillieFlorence would tell him a new fact everyday. How they all have a random obsession with plants that at this point he has just accepted is apart of there lives, or a way of life.

Jay had a massive decision to make and he didn't know how to make it without Delilah. The circulation in Lexi roses leg wasn't good so he had to make a decision all had a downside. Delilah would know exactly what to do. Surgery that may not fix it, amputation that his been told his a last resort, medications they can pump through the iv that may not even work but may make worse problems in her organs. All the can think about is how his little girl would run up to him whenever she saw him smiling happy like he put the sun in the sky just so she could see the world. How could he make this decision. He couldn't even clear his head long enough to think of it logically. Aniyah still had a breathing tube and was fighting for her life, he was told that if she stays on it much longer she would become dependent and it wouldn't be good. The others thankfully were doing fine just broken bones.

Justin whined in his sleep making jay rub his back. That was the worst his whines in pain. Luckily he was still asleep. Guess that was one positive he was asleep and relatively ok.

~8 years ago~
Lexi Rose stood at the window watching her dad get out of his truck, she ran to him the moment he walked through the door. Lexi collided right with his knee as jay wasn't expecting her to be right there. Bending down jay picks up a now pouting Lexi and carries her through the house. "Hey moon grandpa told me to give you this" he said handing it to the six year old who smiled happily taking it like it was gold. Alvin came around the corner on his bike at the same time Justin ran over to his dad. "I see the chaos never left" "why would it" "daddy do I have to go to school the people in my class are dumb" MillieFlorence said looking at him hopefully "yeah you do maybe you could help them be smart like you" Jay said carrying Justin and Lexi.
~Present~

Could he be the reason Lexi lost her leg. "What should I do" Jay asks Will who shrugs "I can't tell you" will said making Jay sigh and lean back. "Well isn't this morbid" Luke said walking in "Luke" Alvin said bouncing over to Luke. Luke was by far the closest to him, given the fact Kelly knew Luke. Jay had only seen him a few times but knew who he was. "Hey kid how are you" Luke said "Justie your looking good it's cool fist pump" Luke added holding his hand out before walking over and giving MillieFlorence a high five. "Tell you a secret Justie your mother has Voight blood and we don't go down easy" Luke said making the ten year old smile the first true smile in all of this "from what your mum told me about your dad your got a mixture of blood from people who don't go down without a fight" "what about me" Alvin asks "your a Severide your fine only thing we have to worry about is you getting a girl pregnant" Luke said winking a Kelly who laughed. Alvin was hugging Luke tightly "you been up to see her" Hank asks nodding as a hello "tried to but need you or him to tell them I'm family don't know who would want the Voight last name but my id wasn't enough" Luke shrugs tapping on Alvin's back. "How are you doing mill" "Luke" Daniel said racing over joining alvin as they both fawn there uncle. His an uncle to them even if biologically his their parents cousin. "I'm good lots of pain from the broken bones" she said "Justin is probably in more pain he had to have surgery" "awesome you know your uncle who your named after had surgery on his hand when we were younger" "what did he do" Alvin asks "we were wrestling one summer I'm sure your grandfather can tell a fun version of the story...think yours is cooler though your uncle did tell all kinds of stories how it happened to make it cooler you don't have to do that" Luke said making Justin smile. Jay could instantly tell Luke had the same magnetism DelilahJo did. "Where are you staying" Kelly asks "my house why" "was going to ask if you wanted to stay with us" "no can we stay with him he has a pool" Alvin begged "I would come but I would probably sink" MillieFlorence said pouting making them laugh. "We love you to much to let you sink" Luke said smiling.