practice

practice: a drunk JJ disappears and when you find him he tells you he 'needs to find his girlfriend'. Once realizing it's you, the two of you share an interesting conversation on the way back to the chateau
———

I was exhausted and this party has been going on way too long, according to my phone it was nearly three a.m and since technology never seemed to be wrong I was forced to believe it was actually this late.

"Where's JJ?" I came up behind Pope as he wrapped up his fifth game of beer pong. Him and Kiara were playing for a jar of hundreds so I didn't blame them, we could use that money.

"What do you mean 'where's JJ?' you were with him last." Pope looked down at me as Kiara behind his back to look at me. I rolled my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, a familiar headache creeping in. I needed sleep.

"John B might know, I think JJ went to talk to him." Kiara gave me actual helpful information and I gave her a thumbs up, beginning to make my way to JB.

"Where's JJ? I wanna go home, I'm tired." Anyone could hear the sleepiness in my voice, I was turning into a walking zombie at this point. John B gave me the same confused look Pope did, making me perk up a bit with added energy mixed with a bit of panic since no one knew his whereabouts.

"He's not with you?" He asked, checking his phone to see if he's gotten any texts, "Last text I got was 'going walk beer pizza Y/n', well, he's definitely drunk." I fought a laugh at my boyfriends amazing drunk vocabulary and patted John B on his shoulder.

"Looks like I'm 'going walk beer pizza' then." I quoted the text and walked away, "See you at home?" Home being the chateau, which quickly turned into my place of residence, along with JJ, after my mom and I got into a heated argument a month back. We made an agreement, as long as I stay out of jail she covers for me when social services shows up and tries questioning the safety of my living situation. It's a win-win, I'm out of the house like she wants, I live my life like I want.

"Make sure you find JJ and make sure he's not sleeping in the road somewhere!" John B called out as I walked away. I raised my arm and gave him a thumbs up, not bothering to turn around since I knew he was still looking at me.

So, where would a drunk JJ go? Since his text said something about pizza that means he's hungry and everyone knows there's no pizza at the chateau. My first guess was the gas station not too far away so I began walking in that direction. My suspicions were confirmed when I rounded the corner at the intersection and saw the familiar blonde hair wobbling down the sidewalk.

"JJ!" I called out in hopes he would turn around and come to me since I was being lazy and didn't want to walk that far. Unfortunately, he kept walking, not even acknowledging the fact that I had just yelled for him. Picking up my pace a bit I ran until I was right behind him, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Let's go home." I whined.

"No thanks, I have a girlfriend." He deadpanned, which caused me to scrunch my face up, "And I have to tell her something very important."

"JJ, I'm your girlfriend." I said, once again trying to get him to slow down. I grabbed his arm gently but he pulled it away.

"I'm sure you're great and all but I love my girlfriend, she's pretty and funny and I really need to find her and tell her something." He rambled on and I tried my best not to laugh, "And I'm gonna bring her pizza, she loves pizza." As much as I wanted to walk behind him to listen about how much he loved me, I desperately needed our bed.

"JJ-" I jogged in front of him and spun around, placing both hands on his shoulders he looked from my feet to my eyes as a huge smile appeared on his face, "I'm your—" I was cut off my him picking me up, wrapping my legs around his torso and leaning forward a bit.

"My girlfriend!" He cheered, "I was going to bring you pizza! I love you!"

I laughed and held on tight so he wouldn't drop me, "I love you too, what did you have to tell me?" I asked, referring to his words from earlier. He stood up and placed my feet back on the ground but didn't let go of me, his arms unwrapped from my torso but his hands landed on either side of my face, squeezing my cheeks.

"That I love you and I wanna marry you and have babies and build us a house to live in and," He paused, a hiccup escaping his lips, "and I wanna teach you how to surf, oh! and ride a dirt bike! Can I teach you how to ride my dirt bike?!"

"If we go home right now I promise I'll let you teach me how to ride your dirt bike." I negotiated with him, hoping that would get him to turn around and head towards the chateau. Thankfully he turned the other way and swung his arm over my shoulders.

"You wanna marry me?" I asked. It wasn't uncommon for JJ to tell me he loved me, but telling me he wants to marry me? That's new. The idea alone was enough to make me heart melt.

"Yes and have babies." He looked to me and pointed a finger in my direction, attempting to be serious but failing when he almost tripped over his own two feet, "See, Y/n, I'm always falling for you."

"That was a good save." I pointed out as I helped him regain his balance.

"You like that? That was smooth," He glided his hand out ahead of him as he spoke, "I'm a smooth guy."

"The smoothest." I laughed, trying to keep conversation so he wouldn't fall asleep mid walk. You'd think that wouldn't happen but it has, last time I had to call in for reinforcements. John B was not happy to be woken up so late.

"I know we're, like, too young for babies right now but can we practice?" I glanced up at him as we walked, making sure to keep him steady with an arm under his. I wasn't sure how wobbly he was but I didn't want to test the theory.

"Practice?" I furrowed my brows.

"Ya know, practice," He wiggled his eyebrows at me and leaned over to place a kiss on my lips. I smiled into the kiss and playfully shoved him away, "I wanna practice with you all the time, you're good at practicing." Catching on to what he meant I began to blush at his flirting. Even when he's drunk he's good at it, probably why I fell for him almost a year ago. He flirted his way into my life and hasn't left my side since.

When I looked up I saw we were in front of the chateau, the walk went fast since I was rushing a bit. "We can practice if you can make it up the stairs, on your own, without falling."

"Oh shit, I got this!" His arm unwrapped from around my shoulders and he handed me his beer, which I sat on the porch railing.

"You can't hold onto the railing either!" I called out as he took slow steps towards the stairs.

"I'll even do it backwards!" JJ jumped and spun around so he was now facing me, moving backwards slowly until his heel tapped the wooden step. Without falling he lifted his foot and placed it flat on the step, repeating the action until he made it onto the porch. Once he realized he made it without falling he threw his arms in the air then held them out for me, "We're practicing all night long, baby!"

A promise is a promise, I supposed and I wasn't against it. I ran up the stairs and into his arms as he opened the door from behind me, connecting our lips together as they moved in sync. My shoes slipped off my feet as JJ frantically kicked his boots off. In one swift motion be lifted me off my feet and into his arms, making his way down the hallway as we deepened the kiss.

"I love you." He pulled away breathlessly, his eyes scanning from my lips down to my chest, "So much." His lips reattached to the skin above my collarbone, making me tilt my head back for better access.

"I love you so much more."

______________

Sooooo I've definitely thought about adding smut to some of my chapters but then argued against it cause they're technically minors in the show. Let me know if you want it added and how you feel about it cause I'm on the fence.