seatbelt

TW: mentions of blood, car accident (just in case someone has been in one and that's a trigger for them)
———
seatbelt: on the way to meet the pogues you and jj get into an accident.
———
this was requested <3
———

"Are you sure they'll stay?" I laughed as I watched JJ strap our boards on top of my jeep with ratchet straps. He patted the top of the vehicle and gave me a thumbs up.

"These things aren't going anywhere," He walked towards me and slid his arms around my body, lifting me and spinning me before placing my feet back onto the ground. Today was destined to be a good day, a full day for the pogues out on the water. Fishing, surfing, tanning, I was more than excited.

"I'm driving." I said and snagged the keys from him. He playfully pouted and tried snatching them back from me.

"Let me drive? Pleaseeee." He begged and I couldn't help but give in, his puppy dog eyes are impossible to not fall for. As my keys re-entered his grasp he jumped and cheered, "Yes! Man, I love driving this thing." After opening the passenger side door for me he ran around to the drivers seat and started the engine.

My phone was hooked up to the Bluetooth so it instantly began playing my previous song, "I love this song!" I cheered and turned it up, both of us singing the lyrics as loud and obnoxiously as we could. I held my hand to my mouth as a pretend microphone as the wind pushed my hair around.

"Well, your left hands free! And your rights in grip!" We sang in unison. I loved the fact that we could share these moments together, nothing but being our true selves. JJ was my other half and I don't know what I'd do without him.

His eyes looked over to me, "Buckle your seatbelt." He told me and turned the music down.

"What? No way, we're almost there." I argued and shooed his hands away. I tried turning the radio back up but he stopped me.

"Y/n, I'm serious, buckle your—"

The next thing I heard was the loud sounds of crashing and screaming. What the fuck just happened? I couldn't move as my body laid in the passenger seat, liquid dripping down my forehead.

JJ's pov

When I came to I looked around and saw what happened. Y/n's jeep was slid through an intersection as another car was adjacent to the passenger side. I was still in the drivers seat and when I looked over I saw Y/n was still in passenger, except she wasn't moving or speaking.

"Y/n?" My voice was quiet as I struggled to speak. It was like the wind was knocked out of me. The driver of the other vehicle was coming towards me, profusely apologizing.

"I didn't even see you! I am so so sorry!" He said. I didn't care what he had to say. All I cared about right now was her. It was her side that got hit. It was my fault, I was distracted.

"Y/n!" I repeated, pushing my way out of the drivers seat and rushing to her side of the vehicle. Blood dripped down her forehead from a cut. I saw her eyelashes slowly fluttering open and closed, thankfully she was conscious.

"JJ, my arm," She cried in pain, "I-I can't move my arm." She began panicking and I did my best to calm her down by resting my hand on her cheek.

"Call 9-1-1!" I screamed to the guy that hit us, "Stay still, princess, I know it hurts." I quieted my voice when I spoke to her. Her arm was stuck between her crushed door and the seat.

"It hurts so bad!" She continued to cry and began tugging at her arm, doing anything and everything to break it free.

"No one answered." The stranger said. I furrowed my brows and looked at him in anger.