drunk driving

I DO NOT condone drunk driving. Never EVER get behind the wheel if you have been drinking.
———
drunk driving: Y/n attempts to drive herself home but is stopped by JJ.
———

"I think," I shook the empty beer can in my hand, "I need another beer." My speech was already slurring and I was past the 'buzzed' state of drinking. I was drunk and anyone with eyes could see that. Tonight was girls night, a chance to let loose while the guys babysat us for a change.

"Me too!" Sarah stumbled over to me and our bodies collided, sending us into the sand as we laughed. I tried my best to stand up but was once again falling to the ground when Sarah tried using me for leverage.

"Give me your hand." Pope said from above us, he was walking back to the group with Kiara. He took one of my hands along with one of Sarah's and lifted us up, Kiara making sure we wouldn't slip back onto the ground.

"Thank you, Po-po and TiKi." I booped his nose and snickered, something about my actions being absolutely hilarious to me right now. Tiki was a horrible drunk nickname I had given Kiara awhile ago and it just stuck, but Po-po, that was a new one.

"Oh god, you're drunk drunk," Kie laughed, knowing that I never gave people nicknames unless I was intoxicated.

"JJ's got his hands full tonight." Pope joked. He made sure me and the blonde were both standing before walking back to the rest of the group.

"Hands full of this ass!" Sarah yelled as she turned to look at Pope walking away, her hand landing on my rear, giving it a squeeze. I let out a laugh and ushered her along with me, our steps definitely not in a straight line but we made it to the cooler without falling again.

"One for you," I cheered, grabbing her a cool beverage, "and one for me!" I smiled and cracked the beer open.

"Wait, shotgun!" She exclaimed. As if lightbulbs lit above our heads I slipped my keys from my pocket and stabbed a hole in the can, doing the same for her. Within seconds we were tilting the cans up and chugging the contents. After the cans were empty we dropped them into the bin and I hiccuped.

"One more for you," I giggled, reaching into the cooler again, "and one more for—" I hiccuped, "—for me." With two new drinks in our hands we began the walk back to our friends.

My phone started going off in my back pocket and I pulled it out, the screen lighting up to show my father was calling.

"Hello." I tried sounding as sober as I possibly could.

"It's time to start heading home." He told me and I groaned. I didn't want to go home. I wanted to stay at the party until it was over and sleep next to JJ.

"Can JJ spend the night?" I asked into the phone. I ushered for Sarah to keep walking and she wobbled her way to John B.

"Are you drunk? Y/n, you sound drunk." Uh-oh, fun police. My parents weren't completely against under-age drinking, they'd just rather, if I was going to, to do it at home under their supervision.

"I may be slightly intoxicated." I mumbled, crossing my ankles and leaning onto a tree next to me, "Can he? Please?"

"Has he been drinking?" I hummed a 'no', "As long as he's the one driving he can stay. Bedroom door stays open, you know the rules. Head home."

"Thanks, padre." I said my goodbyes and hung up the phone. The conversation was now jumbled in my head, all I remembered was my dad needed me home so I turned away from my friends and began waking to my car.

With an open beer in one hand and keys in the other I tripped over my feet onto the pavement of the parking lot and groaned, "Ow." I said to myself, turning onto my back. I contemplated all my life choices for a second before struggling my way to my feet.