see you later (pt. 2)

see you later (pt. 2): one week after the death of y/n routledge, the pogues find out her killer and seek revenge. after the events, y/n follows her love through his life, waiting for his natural arrival.
———

JJ's pov

My chest felt hollow. Like a piece of me was missing.

That piece being Y/n Routledge.

I could, without a single doubt in my mind, say that she was the person that made me feel like I belonged in this world. Like all the stars aligned for me. She made me believe in 11:11 wishes, pinky promises, and the art of love.

It's been one week without her and it felt as though I had forgotten how to breathe and my entire existence was breaking piece by piece.

"JJ," John B said quietly and nudged my shoulder to gain my attention, "Do you want to say anything?" He then looked down and my eyes followed to see the headstone with the love of my life's name engraved onto it.

Y/n June Routledge.
August 9, 2003
June 13, 2019
Forever in our hearts.

"We miss you, babygirl, more than anything." I couldn't tell if I was talking to the pogues or myself. I do my best to keep a poker face, to shove all my emotions deep down, only letting them surface at night when everyone else is asleep.

"What do you think we'd be doing if she was still here?" Sarah wrapped her arm around John B's torso and hugged him tight, letting him know she was there for emotional support if he needed.

"Honestly," Kie spoke up and wiped away any falling tears, "She'd be begging us to go to The Wreck for loaded chili fries." I found myself nodding in agreement.

"Then I say we go get loaded chili cheese fries, in her honor." Pope patted my shoulder and gave it a squeeze as he walked back to the Twinkie.

Once the four of them were far enough away I kneeled down and placed my hand onto the headstone, "I'll love you forever, pretty girl. No one is ever replacing you." I promised. I devoted my life to her, so I'll be damned if I ever move on. I didn't care if that meant spending the rest of my life alone, I'd do it, because I know Y/n is waiting for me in whatever type of afterlife she was in.

>>>>>

"You're not eating?" Kiara asked and I shoved the basket of fries away from me, "Beer and sleep isn't a full course meal, Jay, you need to eat."

"It is when your girlfriend is dead." I snapped without meaning to, "This is bullshit, she shouldn't be dead. This isn't how her life was supposed to be."

Everyone gave me sympathetic looks around the table and I looked down, twisting the rings on my finger. I wish I would've had the chance to tell Y/n that as a promise to her I got the inside of my favorite ring engraved with her name. Now I'll never get the chance.

"Look, there's one thing I know for certain," John B spoke up, "If my sister was still here she'd kick your ass for not eating. So grab the damn fries and shove your face."

When I didn't move he gave me a scolding look and pushed the basket of fries back in front of me, "Now."

"Okay," I exhaled and shoved a single fry into my mouth, "Better?" They all nodded and continued with their meals.