knight in cargo shorts

kidnapped: In an attempt to get back at JJ, Rafe takes you hostage. After a successful rescue mission, JJ does his best to tell you how he feels.
———

My wrists were starting to hurt from the ropes as I twisted them around in an attempt to somehow break free. Once that didn't work I groaned and leaned my head back in the chair while lazily stretching my legs out in front of me, "Rafe, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this. If you really want to hit JJ where it hurts, I'm not your girl."

"Why do you talk so much?" Rafe leaned forward and placed his hands on the kitchen table. I was currently tied to a chair while he concocted the rest of his evil plan, "You are the girl, you're his girl. Stop talking so I can think." He held his hands to his forehead and I scrunched my nose.

"What? I'm not his—"

"I said stop talking!" Rafes hands slammed onto the wooden table and I jumped in place, the sudden noise spooking me a bit.

"Okay, can you at least loosen these a little?" I pulled at the ropes again and acted like I was in extreme discomfort. Which I was, I just had to exaggerate as part of my plan, "They're like digging into my skin."

"Will you stop complaining if I do?" He asked. I looked at him and quickly shook my head yes. After walking behind me he loosened the ropes a little and I yanked my arm forward, attempting to run wherever my feet would take me. Of course, since the plan wasn't completely thought out, it slipped my mind that both of my arms were tied up and I went tumbling back and to the ground. Rafe quickly pulled on my upper arm until I was standing and held a knife to my throat, "You seriously thought that would work?"

"Kinda, yeah." I gritted my teeth and laughed nervously. He applied more pressure to my throat and I sucked in a sharp breath. The pain felt white hot as the knife nicked my skin, "Dead hostage would be useless." I tried negotiating. I could tell he was having a mental battle and when he finally removed the knife from my throat he threw me back into the chair, tying my wrists even tighter this time.

JJ's pov

"I got beer, I got weed. Who's ready to—" I walked down the dock and stopped when I saw everyone except for Y/n, "Where's Y/n?"

"Sit." Kiara instructed but I didn't listen. She gave me a scolding look and sighed, she knew better than to think I'd listen, especially if it had to do with Y/n.

"Where is Y/n?" I repeated. When I stopped by her house her parents said she left a half an hour ago and was heading here so why isn't she here?

"Rafe, uh, he nabbed her on her way here." John B said from where he was sitting. Everyone gave me sympathetic looks and I clenched my jaw.

"He sent me this fifteen minutes ago." Sarah stood up and walked over to me, showing me a picture of Y/n tied to a chair, "He said it's payback for pulling a gun on Top."

"So, let me get this straight," I began and sat the cooler down on the bench as I paced back and forth, "Y/n got nabbed and instead of calling me you all decided to sit on the dock and waste time!? What if she's dead, what if he—"

"JJ, she's going to be fine. We're gonna get her back." Pope stepped in front of me and rested his hands on my shoulders, I shrugged them off immediately.

"No, I'm gonna get her back. This is my fault." I looked down and took a deep breath. Y/n is in danger because of me, this is my rescue mission. This is my girl. Well, not my girl, not yet anyway. I wasn't one to express my emotions and on top of that it was never a good time. All the running and people shooting at us didn't exactly scream romance.