Weekend Trip (Pt. 1) -36

Today I'm in Holmes Chapel about to meet Harry's parents. I'm over the edge with nerves. What if Harry's parents hate me? I looked out the car window out to the green pastures out. This town is quite lovely really. Harry pointed out the bakery that he used to work at. He told me a story of how that was almost a second home for him at times. I couldn't help but smile. Harry lived an extraordinary life. He still does to this day, but today, we're getting away from the music. We're going to be as if our job isn't what brought us together. As if we're just two normal people. Normal people who don't have pictures taken of them every time they go anywhere. The press has been quiet lately, but they're never really gone.

Harry stopped as we got to his parents house. It was just like any other house except that I knew what was on the other side of the door. Harry took of his seat belt and was about to get out of the car until he saw how ghostly I looked. I stood there frozen and petrified.

"Babe," Harry called to me. He placed his hand on my thigh and looked at me confused. "Are you okay?"

"What if they don't like me?" I kept my eyes on the white door. I couldn't look away if I wanted to.

"They'll love you. I love you. If they don't love you, that will never change the way I feel for you." Harry pulled my face to meet his. "You'll be fine love. C'mon, we'll go in there and you'll feel back to your normal self." Harry got out of the car and I slowly unbuckled my seat. Harry came over to my side and opened the door for me. I smiled briefly at him. He took my hand and lead me up to the door. He didn't bother to knock. He just opened up the door and yelled out mom.

Harry's mom ran to the sound of his voice. She held him tightly, and I could see she was almost in tears. I would be too if I were her. I wish my mother was like her. Harry's sister came down.

"Gemma!" Harry went to hug her. His mom just watched in awe. I wish my mom was more like her. I wish my mom cared when I was gone. My mom preferred when I was gone. I know she loves me, but she just didn't love me as much as surgery.

Gemma announced that she was going out with her friends and wouldn't be back till tomorrow. She hugged her mom goodbye and left. "Where's Rob?" Harry asked looking around.

"He's out getting some milk for the tea," Harry's mom walked and we both followed her to the little garden. There was a table set up for afternoon tea. I had never felt more British then saying that I was going to have afternoon tea with my boyfriends mom. We sat down and Rob came out with the milk.

"So Cara, tell us about you," Anne said to me.

"Um, like what?" I asked shyly as Harry poured me my tea.

"What does your parents do?" She asked as she leaned over to get the sugar.

"Well, my mom was a Cardiothoracic surgeon, and my dad," I paused when I thought back to my dad. He was the only thing that kept me together when mom was working a 38 hour shift at the hospital. I looked down and tried not to cry. Harry saw and held my hand. I said to her, "He loved poetry."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that your parents had passed," Rob said to me.

"Just my dad. My mom has alzheimers." I saw Anne who looked like she killed my dog. "It's fine," I assured her. "Everything is okay now."

"Well what do you like to do for fun?" Rob asked me as he put his hand on Anne's back.

"I love music. I like singing it, writing it, preforming it. I'm in love with every aspect of it. It just has so much emotion to it, and I think that's beautiful. And I just love how you can tell this story and it just be more beautiful than you remember," I forgot that I was even talking to Harry's parents. They were just like anyone else. I don't know why I was getting so worked up.

"That's so lovely," Anne smiled at me. "Harry was right about you." Anne smiled ear to ear. I turned to Harry confused as to what she was talking about. Harry just avoided my glare by glaring at his mom.

"Pardon?" I asked her knowing that Harry wouldn't tell me.

"He said that he never believed in magic until he heard you speak. He said, and I quote, 'It's impeccable that such beauty can exist.' That he had never seen a girl who was so taken away by music and just the raw feelings of humanity," Anne smiled at me as she looked at Harry and I.

I looked at Harry who was mentally digging a hole to hide in. I smiled and held his hand. He looked over at me and smiled, knowing I approved his high complements that he had told to his mom.

"I've never seen Harry this happy," Rob said to Anne. I blushed as I overheard him. I've never been more happy before either. We finished our tea and made our way back into the house.

"Your home is beautiful Ms. Styles," I said looking around. I saw pictures of Harry as a child and smiled. If we had a child I hope he looked like him. I bet they'd have my eyes and his hair. I think it's strange that I'm thinking about having children with him. I mean we are getting married. It kind of feels fast, but I really do want to be with him.

"Call me Anne!" She laughed and sat down on the sofa with Rob. Harry and I sat on opposite sides in chars. "So Harry tells me that you're going on a tour. That's exciting."

"Very. I'm so nervous. I'm going to be doing sold out shows and I'm going to be miles away from Harry, and I'm going mad because I've never done a tour this big and this long," I thought about how this is the first tour after my eating disorder. Every night on tour I would struggle, but this is going to be different. "I wish I could have One Direction for my opening act, but my manager said no,"

"That would be perfect wouldn't it? You and Harry traveling the states together every night and preforming," Anne's face lit up.

"I'm actually going to surprise her on her tour," Harry looked at me and said, "You won't know when, but I'm going to crash your concert and sing with you."

"I think I'd like that," I smiled at him. He's truly amazing. Harry and I went up to his room as Anne and Rob prepared dinner.

"This isn't as bad as I thought it would be, " I said as I started unpacking for this weekend trip.

"I told you," Harry walked up to me and put his hands on my waist. His chest was against mine and his lips hovered above mine. Harry pushed me up against the wall and just looked down at me. He didn't lean in to kiss me, he didn't have crazy lust in his eyes, he just looked down at me. He started to form a smile slowly and spoke sweet and softly, "I'm in love with you."

I smiled up at him I didn't even think about what I said next, I just said it. "I will always be in love with you. Even if our bodies get old and our hearts stop beating. I love you in every possible way."

Harry slowly leaned down and kissed me softly. He parted and said, "play a song for me," He put my guitar on the bed. I smiled and picked it up.

I started to sing, "This is the song I will sing to you when you're old and tired. I will sing it to remind you that I'm old beside you. And if you're tired of hearing my voice. I'm gonna sing it to you anyway. Cause I know that if we made it this far. Those differences I would put away," I got cut off by the sound of the door knocking. Anne opened the door.

"That was lovely, Cara. Dinner's ready," Anne walked back out.

Harry smiled and said, "It's amazing that you're here. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. I know that next month we're not going to be seeing each other as much, but as long as you're in my heart, I have a place to call home." Harry kissed me on the head and got up to go to dinner. Maybe this weekend wont be as bad as I thought it would after all.