Overtime -14

I woke up on the sofa with Ryan on the floor. I don't remember much from last night. "Ryan," I whispered.

"Oh, Cara. Hey," He laughed. "Some night, huh?" Ryan sat up. "I had fun last night."

"Me too," I smiled. I feel so normal with him. I don't feel like I have to hide. It's a great feeling.

"Hey, babe. How was your night?" Harry had an angry look. I don't know why. I mean it's not like we're really dating.

"Harry can I talk to you for a moment?" I got up. "I'll be right back Ryan," I smiled at him. Harry looked at me waiting to talk. "Is something wrong?" I whispered.

"What?" He asked.

"You don't seem yourself," I mentioned.

"I just really wanted to go out with you last night," He looked down a little.

"I'm sorry," I said looking in his eyes. I put my hand on his cheek, and got lost in his eyes. Why was he so upset over one night?

"Do you like Ryan?" Harry asked.

"Harry, I-" I stopped. "Wait are you jealous?" I asked. Ryan walked to the bathroom.

"No it's just we can break up if you want us to."

"No. I don't want to," I said. "What would our managers do to us?" I asked.

"Right. Look I um..." Harry held my hand. "I um..." Harry pushed me against the wall, put his hand on the back of my head, and slowly leaned in to kiss me. It felt real. He let me go, and walked out the door. What was that? I just looked at the door.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked as he got his phone.

"Yeah. Just. Well," I want to tell him the truth, but I can't. "Harry and I haven't really been talking a lot. I don't know if we're together or what. Then he just pushes me against the wall and kisses me. I have no idea," I put my hand on my lips, I could still feel the kiss on my lips. "But I do know that last night was really fun," I smiled.

Ryan looked at me with is world winning smile. The kind of smile that is so rare that you only see a smile like his once in a lifetime. "I had fun too," He said with a soft voice that made me want to melt.

"Well I'm glad you came," I said almost out of breath. He inched closer to me. My heart started to beat faster.

"Yeah me too," Ryan whispered as he moved even closer. Ryan ran his hands though my hair, and leaned in to kiss me. It felt like magic. It gave me hope. Ryan pulled away. "I've wanted to do that since I first saw you at that party back in 2009," He smiled. I touched his chest softly, and let out a long breath. He started playing with the strap on my dress. I looked up at his eyes quickly, and they looked like Harrys. Harry doesn't love me. Ryan does. Ryan held me close, and kissed me again. I kissed back. Ryan carried me up to my room, and put me down on my bed. He hovered above me and smiled. I pulled him down to a kiss.

My phone started to ring. I answered it. It was my manager. She was having a car pick me up in a few. "I have to go Ryan. I have a meeting with my manager," I got up, and pulled up the straps of my dress. Ryan followed me as I walked out the door. He said he was going to wait with me. I was honestly going to have sex with Ryan. Harry is just so effing confusing and I don't know what to do. I'm greatful that Anne called me when she did though.

"Smoke?" Ryan asked as he held out the cigarettes.

"Sure," I took one, and Ryan lit it. I haven't had one of these in years. I only smoke when I'm stressed. I'm quite stressed. I'm torn between two guys. It feels like my heart is working overtime. Ryan lit it for me, and I smoked away.

"You look good," Ryan smiled at me.

"I know," I said with a cheeky smile. He grabbed my hand, and I let him. It was nice. No one was watching. That's what I love about New York; everyone is in a hurry to care about little things. I felt my heart beat out of my chest. The car arrived for me, and I let go of Ryan's hand, and put out the cigarette. I got in the car and left Ryan behind. What was I doing with Ryan. Put my face in my hands as the car drove. I like Harry. Why was I messing around with Ryan. Why did I kiss Ryan? Why would I go as far as to have sex with Ryan? Am I insane? I don't know what to do.

I got to the office, and saw my manager sitting at her desk. "Sit down," She said. I did so. "This is about all of the rumors. I can't have them. You can't do anything but see Harry. There's already a tweet of you holding another guys hand. And smoking? No. You can't do that. We have a contract that you'll see no one but Harry. I was going to talk about your new album till I got this news. You can never see that guy again," She got up, and walked to me. "I know."

"What?" I asked.

"That you really care about Harry. I know you want something real, but this is how it's going to be for a few more weeks. Once the album comes out he'll break up with you. If he likes you like you like him he'll wait. That's how you'll know," She sat next to me. "I'm a sucker for love stories."

"How can I pretend when I know that it's not real?" I asked.

"You only have to be unaware for a few more weeks. Harry is taking you to the fair today. Have fun. Be real. His manager told him the same. I really shouldn't tell you all of this, but you're my favorite. I want the best for you. Just a few more weeks," She held my hands. "Okay?"

"Alright, Anne," I nodded. "Thank you," She isn't complacently a monster. Bad luck is all it is. I guess I can do this for a few more weeks. I could feel my heart go crazy.