Restless Night - 41

I woke up with a vague memory of last night. I looked to my left and saw Harry sound asleep. I rubbed my eyes and go out of bed. I know Harry has to leave again. He has a show in Vegas today. I have a show in Nashville. It's only like this for a few more weeks, I tried telling myself. I got my bag and put on some clothes. I have to leave to catch my flight like now. I packed my bags and looked back at Harry. As I did I saw his eyes start to slowly open. Maybe I should leave before he wakes so that I don't have to say goodbye. That's the hardest part. I stayed.

"You're leaving?" He asked with his tired voice.

"I have to catch my flight," I started to walk out. I wanted to cry. I felt a raindrop fall on my face. I looked up at the grey sky. More rain hit me. It started to lightly sprinkle. I should have picked up my pace, but I just walked through it.

"Cara!" Harry called. I turned around to see him. He was only in his pants. He didn't pay any attention to the rain. He started to walk closer to me. "Don't ever leave without saying 'goodbye.'" He paused.

"I don't want to say goodbye," I looked down at his socks that were soaked by how heavy the rain was coming down now.

Harry pulled my face up to his. He said, "We never have to say goodbye. Just 'I love you' will work."

"Harry it's raining. You should go back inside," I told him.

"Let it rain," Harry said before he leaned in and kissed me. His hands lay firmly on the back of my head. In that moment, I wasn't thinking about me being sick, or Harry and I always being away. I was just thinking of how wonderful this is. It felt as if I fell down the rabbit hole to wonderland.

Harry parted the kiss. "Go catch your flight. I love you," He said with a smile and slowly detached his hands from me.

"I love you too," I smiled and grabbed my bag to leave. I got out of the rain and into a cab. All I could think about was what Harry said, 'Let it rain.'

I go onto the plane and I thought about a draft of a song that I had and never finished called "Overture Lullaby." I wrote it ages ago, but I just thought of it. I got out my writing journal and started to write,

"I can feel it by the way we fight

I can feel it in the way we try

and I know it's just all an

overture lullaby

an overture lullaby

overture lullaby

when I am by your side." I stopped as soon as we hit some turbulence. I put it way and closed my eyes.

~~~

Nashville is an amazing place. I always dreamed of living here. New York gets old after some time. I'm kinda sad Stormie moved to New York. Mostly because I can't crash at her place tonight. I do know someone that does live here, but I don't think Harry would like it too much. I called up Ryan anyway.

"Hey, Cara," Ryan sounded happy to hear from me.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I hate staying in hotels and I was wondering... if you'd let me crash at your place?" I pleaded.

"Yeah! We'll finish this conversation at my place. I'll see you soon?" He asked not knowing my location.

"Yeah," I laughed. "I'll see you in a few. Bye," I hug up and got a cab to his place.

I got to Ryans place. It was strange being at his apartment. I remember once I left New York for Nashville he still lived with his parents and brother and sister. His band would have rehearsals in the barn that was just a beaten path away from his house. Once Stormie and his bandmate, Nash, broke up I haven't really chilled with the band. I knocked on his door and he opened it up with a smile on his face.