For better or worse -37

I woke up next to Harry. His eyes were on mine. We're going back home today. I really don't want to leave. He has such an amazing life here and I just want to be a part of it. "Hello," He finally said.

"Hey," I smiled at him. He is just so beautiful. His hair was a mess and his eyes were barely open. His lips tight with a smile. His eyes started to slowly close again. I pressed my lips against his softly and backed away. I started to play with his messy curls. Do you ever have that feeling that everything is moving in slow motion? So slow that you honestly start to freak out, because you think time had stopped? So slow that you have time to process every moment of your life? Well, that's how I felt in that moment. I just laid there while Harry slowly started to doze off and thought about what it would be like to have children with him. My heart beat was steady, but I could feel it. I could feel exactly where it was.

"We should get going if we want to catch our flight," Harry said with his tired voice.

"You're right," I got up and started to gather all of my clothes in my bag. I put my hair down and ran a brush though it. I put on a fresh pair of clothes and but my dirty ones in the bag. I looked at Harry who was moving like a sloth. He got on his feet and started to do the same as I. Harry then got undressed for a shower. "Care to join me? We'll save water."

"If you insist," I rolled my eyes with a smile and got undressed out of my clothes. I didn't plan to take a shower till I got to New York, but I guess I can take one now. I hopped in the shower with Harry.

~~~

Harry and I got to the airport and there was a few photographers there taking photos of the two of us. I'm still not used to them being around, but when I'm with Harry, I tend to forget anyone is around. Harry held me close making sure that I didn't stray in the sea of photographers following us around.

Harry and I safely made it to our flight in spite of Harry holding me like it was the end. We sat in our seats and got situated. I laid my head on Harry shoulder and started to fall back asleep.

~~~

"Hey, Cara?" Harry started. I just looked at him as I dug for the keys in my bag. He had his phone out and said, "Liam and Stormie are going out as friends, but Liam really likes her so he asked if we'd like to come along." He closed his phone and put it back in his pocket.

"Sounds great. I think she might like him too," I smiled and unlocked the door. We entered and as soon as we did, my phone rang. I looked to see who it was. I thought it might be Anne, but it was the hospital. "Hello?" I answered.

"Cara. It's doctor Howell. Your mom is lucid again and she's asking for you."

"Oh." I sat down in the middle of the floor since my knees had given in. Harry got down next to me as he shot me a concerned look. "Well, I guess I'll be there tonight,"

"Okay. She's in bad shape though," He said.

"Okay. Bye," I hung up. I looked at Harry and said, "It's my mom. It's fine. Let's get ready for that date," I wasn't fine. I had this terrible feeling. I used Harry to get up, and I put on a fake smile. He held my hand as we left to where Liam said that he was at. It was at this local burger joint. I'm always down for a burger.

We arrived and they greeted us. Stormie gave me a hug and then sat back down. "So, how was the weekend with the parents?" Liam asked.

"It was really good actually," Harry looked over at me for a second and flashed me a smile and looked back at Liam and Stormie across the table.

"I need to go to the bathroom. Stormie, come?" I asked her. She nodded her head and followed me into the bathroom.

"So, do you like Liam?" I asked her right as we entered the bathroom.

"I don't know," She blushed and looked down with a smile.

"You so do!" I smiled at her. I knew this was a good set up.

"Shut up!" She laughed and pushed me. "So, how was the weekend?" She looked up at me with one eyebrow higher than the other.

"It was really nice. I wish that the two of us could have just stayed there forever. I can't wait till Christmas with the Styles family!" I giggled. I never giggle. I was like a little school girl who drew hearts next to his name. I love that he makes me feel this way.

Ads by gsaveAd Options

"Aww! Well, we should get going. They'll think we fell in," Stormie grabbed my arm and linked it with hers. We walked back to the table and there was the waiter giving us our drinks. We ordered our food and just chatted all night. I couldn't help but notice how the two of them really like each other. They'll make such a good couple.

Ads by gsaveAd Options

The night ended and we all got ready to go home. I did however make plans to drop by the hospital to see my mom. Harry handed me my bag and we walked out of the door. As soon as I got in the car, my phone started to ring. It was the hospital again.

"Cara. I'm so sorry." That was all Doctor Howell said. It then hit me like a thousand swords, my mom is dead.

"No!" I cried out. "I'm on my way." I hung up and started to cry hysterically. My face fell into my hands and I just cried. She may have not been the mother of the year, but she was my mom. Harry looked over at me confused. I didn't say a word. As soon as we got into the hospital parking lot I got out and ran to the room they told me she was in. I was unaware that Harry was following behind me still.

I got to the room and there was a sheet over her. All of the doctors she worked with was all around her bed. Fear struck my heart, and I fell in Harry's arms. I could feel him tremble beneath me. I was shaking so much that I felt like I was about to pass out. I couldn't stand anymore. I feel to the floor, and Harry picked me up and put me down in a chair in the waiting room.

"You're shaking. Do you want to go home? Lay in bed?" He asked. I saw the concern in his eyes.

I'm truly lucky to have him. He's so amazing to me, and he deserves someone who is good for him. I want to be better for him. I don't want to dump this on him, but I'm glad he let me. I honestly don't know what I would do without him.

___________________________________________________________

I'd just like to say that this chapter took me weeks to finish. This is one of the hardest chapters I've had to write. Death comes to all of us, but it's always hard to let go. I wanted to write this to show that Harry is there for her for better or for worse.