American Candy -40

It's been three months since Harry has been gone. We talk every night. It is hard being away for so long. Each day he's been gone I've had this fear that I'm just going to forget everything. Every time I'm on stage I get scared that I'm going to forget my lyrics or how to play the guitar. I can never tell Harry these fears though. He worries enough as it is.

"Cara," The tech said. "You're on in five," She left me sitting there and looking at myself.

I got up and fixed my outfit. I had on a very cute and casual floral dress on. I wanted to look good for my sold out show. I walked down the long hall way to the wings of the stage. I always get jitters before a show. I just hope that they all like me. My opening act was finishing up their last song and Stormie ran up to me with my phone. I brought Stormie along, because I didn't want to be alone. Harry was calling on the phone. I picked it up and ran to the bathroom so that I could hear him.

"Hey babe," I said cheerfully.

"Sorry I'm calling so late. The guys and I went out tonight, and I just got back to the hotel," He sounded a little drunk. Fear struck me. What if he saw another girl. One that wasn't terrified of forgetting people and hurting the ones she loves? What if he thinks I'm ugly? What if he suddenly hates my body and wants another girls?

"Where'd you go?" I asked. There was banging on the door but I ignored it.

"Just to this club." He said as if it was nothing. Does he do this often?

"Oh. Well was it fun?" He wouldn't be calling me if there was another girl with him. I should calm down. I'm just paranoid.

"Yeah. Louis made out with the bartender," He laughed. "I wish you were here," He said slowly and softly.

"I wish I was there too," I said just as slowly and just as softly.

"I just want to be back with you so bad," Harry said with a sigh.

There was more banging on the door and a voice telling me that I need to get out. I heard the crowd chanting my name. I said, "I have to go Harry. My fans are going nuts!" I laughed at the fact that I could hear them from the bathroom.

"Okay. I love you babe," I could feel his smile through the phone.

"I love you too, Harry. Bye," I hung up and came out. I walked past all of them and got onto stage with a confidence I never had before.

"Hello!" I said through the mic. "You guys are an amazing crowd. I heard you all the way from my dressing room!" I smiled at them. "Well my name is Cara Hastings," I said. They all went mad.

"I have a special song for you guys. It's a new one. I wrote it when I was in this small town in England called Holmes Chapel," I announced. They all went mad again. All the directioners knew this one was about Harry. "It's for a very special person, and this is a very special crowd. This one's called 'Don't go home without me.'" I played the song. I couldn't get Harry out of my mind. All of these people were here for me and they were cheering for me every chance they got, and I just thought, wouldn't it be nice if Harry was here? It was an amazing show. The fans had high energy and they were all so kind. I really didn't want to leave the stage. I did my final song and walked off stage. Before I got to my dressing room, I heard encore from the audience.

I walked back on stage and said, "Well you guys are just the best!" I began. "I think you guys might know this one. If you do go ahead and sing along please. This song is by some good friends of mine. I think you might know them. They go by One Direction," The crowd went wild again. "This one is called 'No Control.'" I began to sing the song and it seemed like the whole crowd was singing along. It was so amazing. I wish Harry was here to sing it with me. Once the song was overYOu I left and the fans were still cheering. It feels good to do this job.

I got back to the hotel and I saw Harry in my bed. "What the hell?!" I said as I closed the door.

"I got back just before your show. I was going to crash it, but I was too late, so I came back here," He said.

"How did you get in?" I crossed my arms.

"I chatted with the lady at the desk," He smiled. "You're truly the definition of American Candy."

"Are you drunk?" I asked him. I felt like hitting him with a pillow.

"They had them on the flight. Don't be so sour American Candy!" Harry wined.

"What does that even mean?" I asked trying not to let my smile show.

"Well you're sweet," Harry got up and got closer to me. "You got me hooked. You're the cure to my sweet tooth. You're my American dream," He pushed me against the wall and leaned in to whisper, "You're beautiful."

"Harry," I whispered.

"It's getting late," He said as he started to slowly pull up my dress. "What do you have to lose American Candy?"

"American girls just like sex," It felt like I could barely breathe. I was so caught up in lust. That's what I like about Harry. I can have this passionate lust to him and also have this sincere love for him.

"Well I got news for you, English boys do too."

I leaned up against him and kissed him. It was a slow kiss at first. It deepened with every move we made as if it was quicksand. Every moment I have with Harry feels like magic. Harry threw me against the bed and got on top of me.