Falling Apart - 42

I woke up on Ryans chest. The morning light was shining through. I looked down at his tattoo. I remember when he first got that. He thought the writing wasn't going to turn out well, but everyone told him he was dumb and just to do it. I got off of him and got out of bed. I looked back at him to make sure he was still asleep. I took of my shorts and put on my jeans. I took off Ryan's shirt and put on a less comfy shirt. I opened and closed the door to the bathroom to see if he would wake up so I can tell him goodbye before I leave. It worked.

"Hey, Cara," He just said.

"Hey. I've got to get going. Thank you for letting me stay over and for... well everything," I said.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked as he sat up. I nodded my head. "I have loved you for so long. And I always will. I understand that you love Harry, but I love you too. Is there any chance for me?"

"If you would have told me this before I went back to New York I would have said yes, but I really do love Harry. You're really sweet, and you're so nice to me, but I can't imagine my life without him now," I explained.

"Oh," He looked down. "Guess I missed my shot."

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he moved his face and I kissed his lips. I froze and my heart stopped. I knew he was just looking over to see what I was doing. I backed away and said, "I'm not the girl for you, Ryan."

I grabbed my things and left. As soon as I got in the cab I started to try to call Harry to tell him what happened. I really can't keep this from him. I tried, but he didn't answer. I got to the Grand Ole Opry and called him as I started to enter.

The techs brought me to sound check and all I could think about was telling Harry. After I got my phone and tried to call him again. He picked up.

"Cara. I'm about to go on. What's up?" He asked. This will ruin his show. Do I tell him?

"Oh. Okay. Just give me a call after. I really need to tell you something," I said nervously.

"Just tell me now. It's not like your pregnant. You're not right?" He asked.

"No but I think it can wait," I said.

"Okay. I'll give you a call after. Bye babe," He hung up. I sat down on the stage with my head in my hands. I got up so that I can have dinner with the sound engineer. It has been nice to have Ken with me. Harry doesn't like it, but he deals with it.

"You seem out today," Ken said as he ate the BBQ.

"Just a lot on my mind," I laughed.

"Try me," He took a drink of his soda.

"I accidentally kiss another guy," I blurted out.

"Accidentally?" He asked with a mouth full of food.

"I went to kiss his cheek and he moved his head and I kissed his lips," I put my head now from embarrassment.

"Oh. That's not really cheating exactly."

"We slept in the same bed."

"Oh. Like just sleep? Like three feet away?" He asked.

"Well I had a freakout and ended up sleeping on his chest," I said.

"Yeah. You need to tell Harry. But that's not really cheating. You just hugged him for hours and accidentally kissed him. It's not like you went there planing all of this to happen. You shouldn't beat yourself up too much," He tried to tell me.

"I guess. He's just so busy. By the time he calls me to talk, I'll be on stage. We just have no time at all right now. We have barely planed the wedding because we're always away. I thought this would slow things down, but I'm freaking out," I said before I drank some of my water.