Goodbye

I'm going to preform on Good Morning America today. I'm going to sing Haunted live for the first time. I made it my single a week ago and everyone really likes it. I'm glad that they like it. It is one of my favorite songs on the album. Harry is still on tour so it does make the song have more feeling in the performance. At least that's what Anne says. I think it just makes it harder. I stepped onto the stage and said my intro. I breathed in as the music from the band started to play. "Stuck on night drives on highways. Getting sideways. It's the road I'm living till I end up with something. Well pipe dream my love. Watching it slip away. And sure I knew it was goodbye, but nothings gonna feel the same." As I started to sing the chorus I felt better. I just closed my eyes and thought about him. The lyrics just came out. I opened my eyes to see all these fans cheering me on. I finished the song and they all cheered me on. I smiled and waved at them. They're amazing. They're standing here and wanting to hear me play. I love playing for people. I love it.

I had one more song. I was going to play one of my hits. But I thought I'd do something different. I grabbed the guitar and sat down on a stool. "This song didn't quite make it onto the album. It's called 'Man Of The World' and I hope you like it," I began. This song is a bit more blues. My dad would have loved it. I started to sing," Shall I tell you about his life? They say he's a man of the world. He's flown across every tide. And He's seen lots of pretty girls. I guess he's got everything he needs. He would't ask for more. And there's no one he'd rather be. But he just wishes that he'd never been born.

And he needs a good woman. To make him feel like a good man should. I won't say he's a good man. Oh, but he would be if he could.

I could tell you about his life. And keep you amused I'm sure. About all the times he'd cry. And how he doesn't want to be sad anymore.

And how he just wants to be loved." The song ended and everyone seemed to like it. I smiled and left. Once I was in the car I got a call from Harry. He said that he had news and that he was at our place. I told the driver to take me home.

I unlocked the door and saw Harry on the sofa playing with his rings. When he heard the door close he looked up at me. He got up and walked over to me. He had a troublesome look on his face. I thought it was going to be all hype since he's home early. I guess what he has to tell me is serious.

"Hey," That's all he said. He just looked at me and said 'hey' like he shot my dog. I just looked at him with this confused look on my face. "I had the day off, but the thing is," He stumbled on his words. "The tour is longer than expected, and it's going to overlap with yours..."

"So? We can Skype and text," I mentioned.

"We're both going on world wide tours, Cara. We're not going to have time for that. I think... Maybe," He began. No. Please don't say it. We just got back together. Please don't finish it. "We should break up."

Shit. I felt my heart sink down. I tried my best not to cry. We are always on opposite ends, and it does get hard in a long distance relationship. I moved my hair a bit and looked down. "I mean. I guess it would make sense."

"I'll always love you," He said. If he loved me then he would have waited a bit longer and tried to make it work. But again, it is very stressful being in a long distance relationship. I'm always worrying about where he's at, who he's hanging out with, what he's doing and who he's doing it with, or even wondering if he even thought about me that day.

I tried to talk, but all the breath was taken out of me. Harry started to leave and I followed behind him. As he stepped out into the hallway he looked back at me and said bye. Like it was the last time this time. Maybe this really is the last time. I just hope that he has fun on tour and has this amazing life.

"Bye," I said ever-so-softly before I closed the door behind him. I breathed out and fell to the floor slowly. I breathed in and out. I didn't want to say goodbye. I wanted him to stay forever. Why couldn't he have stayed? Why couldn't we just have... I don't know.

I wish that I lived a normal life. I wish I went to collage. I wish I went to collage in England and met Harry where he was just a baker. Then we could have fell in love and lived this perfect apple pie life. We would have three kids. A boy and two younger girls. I'd be a sound engineer at a local studio. He'd be the best baker in all of Europe. We'd be so happy and we would never have any of the problems that we have today. We'd listen to Taylor Swift and just be normal. I guess one can dream, right?

I closed my eyes and let the tears drain out of my eyes. I was frightened by the pain in my chest and I let out a little yell. Not loud enough for anyone else to hear, but loud enough to make me cry more. I couldn't believe this day.