Don't Say Goodnight -13

I woke up to a knock at my door. I rubbed my eyes, and grabbed a shirt I took from Harry to ware the other day. I put it on over my bra and panties. I tiredly pushed my hair to one side of my face. I opened the door to see Ryan. He was a friend of mine back in the day. I helped him out with his first album back in the day. "Hey Ryan," I smiled at him.

"Hey. Sorry, is this a bad time?" He asked.

"No. No. I thought you where in LA though," I mentioned. I haven't stayed in touch with him, but I know he has a place there now.

"Not today. Recording songs for the third album," He said to me.

"If you let me put on some real clothes we'll chat," I said looking down at the baggy dress shirt.

"Oh yeah. I'll be in the living room then," He smiled, and walked away.

I watched as he walked down the stairs. I smiled a little. He's a really great guy. He's so sweet, and funny. I couldn't look away from him. I snapped out of it, and put on some clothes. I walked down to see Ryan texting on the sofa. "Hey there," I called as I walked down the stairs.

"So what's new with you?" He asked.

"Um. Nothing really," I lied. Everything is new.

"C'mon. I see the news," He gave me another one of his famous, world winning, smiles. The kind you only come upon once in a life time.

"Well what about you? I heard Ian left the band," I said as I sat next to him.

"Yeah. Well I'm here on business actually."

"Really?" I began. "And what's that?"

"A duet," He said.

"Okay. Sounds cool. Do you have a song or do you want to write one like we used to back in the days?"

"Let's write one. I really liked when I wrote with you," His smile was like that of mona lisa now. Like he had a secret.

"Hey, babe," Harry said as he walked down. "Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?"

I got up and said, "I don't want all of those people taking photos of me. They always get the ones of us kissing, and I'm so tired of that."

"That never bothered you before." Harry winked. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it's getting old," I said looking to the right of me.

"I'm sorry. You know if there was a way I could make them go away I would," He held my cheek.

"I actually think I might go out with Ryan tonight. We got to get this song done," I said to him.

"Oh. Okay." Harry looked somewhat sad. Did he really want to eat with me?

"Sorry. This is the first time I've seen Ryan in about three years," I explained.

"Yeah, No. It's fine, love," He stepped away. "I'm going to lunch with some mates. I'll be back soon," He put his phone that was on the table in his pocket. He walked up to me and kissed me quickly on the lips. It was almost as if it was some kind of habit. He walked out the door.

"Okay now to this song. Do you want a fun song or a slow song?" I asked.

"Let's do both," He had this look in his eyes. "Okay," Ryan pulled out a notepad, and started writing. "It's like technicolor in black and white. That's all I got right now."

"I fell like a boxer without a fight," I said as I sat next to him. We got though the versus and now it was time for the chorus.

"You are the proof that love is beautiful," Ryan said looking at me. For a moment I really thought he meant it. Then I realized I was the one writing it down. I wrote it down as I tried to make my heart slow down. "You are the truth, something unusual," Ryan continued. "You are my fire. You're burning like the sun," Ryan said to me. I wrote it all down.

"You are, you are, you are... you are the only one," I sang. I looked over at Ryan who looked stunned. It looked like he was frozen in time. I felt weak. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. I forgot how amazing your voice is," He gave me this smile that read magic on it. I've know Ryan a long time and I've never seen that smile. It felt like magic.

"Thanks," I said. I smiled back at him. "Lets go out. Lets go paint the town!" I stood up.

"Yeah!" Ryan stood up and we were out.

We ended up at some bar. It was so packed. Ryan handed me a beer. "To the new album!" Ryan said as he put his glass up in the air. I clinked them together.

After a few beers we ran around the city. there was a few people who took photos of us, but I didn't even care. Ryan ran to me, and I let a little scream out. He ran into me, and gave me a hug. I started laughing and so did he. I put my arm around his neck as we danced though the city. "I never want to say goodnight!" I yelled as I spun around a street light. He held my back as he laughed. I leaned into him, and put me head in his neck. I backed up and looked into his brown eyes.

"You're drunk," Ryan said with his million dollar smile.

"Nah. I'm just buzzed," I said with a smile. Lights flashed, and I looked to see a group of people with big cameras taking photos. "We should get back to my place," I said as I grabbed his hand and ran.