Colorful Mind

Today is the day my album comes out. I'm so proud of Colorful Mind. This album I really got to be me. I got the final say in all of it. My song that I'm most proud of is Overture Lullaby. The way Ken produced it is perfect. It sounds hauntingly beautiful. I can't believe that this is happening. This album was like my child. I spent countless hours working on this album. I actually lived in the studio for a week in California when I was on tour. It was just absolutely amazing.

All my fans have been going crazy waiting for this album to drop and it's only thirty minutes away from being dropped. I had this crazy butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach that made me feel even more crazy. I was really excited for everyone to hear it. Harry was even up with me on Skype since he was on tour. I haven't seen him since the black out. He left early the next morning for tour.

Harry is honestly a great guy. He got up so early just so that we can experience this together. "I guess I'm more nervous about this album because it's truly me," I said to Harry.

"It will be great. Are you going to sleep after it drops?" Harry asked softly, trying not to disturb Niall who had to share a room with him.

"I might give it a listen and see what people think of it. I actually haven't listened to it all the way through," I confessed. I meant to, but I've been so busy with other things.

"I'm really excited for you. I know you spent a lot of time and effort on Colorful Mind," He just smiled at me.

"So how's the tour?" I asked trying not to talk about me so much. I feel awkward talking about myself sometimes.

"It's going really good. I forgot how much I missed being on stage," I saw his smile. I know he didn't want to show it, but I know him well weather he likes it or not. "I do miss you a lot. It sucks always texting and not actually getting to be with you."

"I know. But that's our lives. You go out there every night and share this amazing expedience with thousands of people. And it's not like you'll never see me again. We'll see each other on Halloween. I'll dress up as something slutty and you dress up as some 80's hair band guy and we'll go to the store and take all the candy," I smiled. Halloween is one of my favorite days. I put on a pumpkin candle and watch horror movies at midnight while eating all the candy.

"80's hair guy?" He questioned. My timer went off. It was time for the album to drop. I refreshed the page to see that my album was out.

"It's out!" I yelled/whispered trying not to wake Niall. In no time at all my twitter blew up. I was afraid to look at what people were saying.

"That's great," Harry whispered.

"I feel like my chest is going to explode. I'm so afraid to see how people react."

"They'll love it! I just tweeted that everyone should go check it out," I looked at Harry long enough to see him smiling at me.

"Thanks babe," I smiled back at him. I am truly excited for people to hear it. I really want to know if they like it. I think it's better than all my other albums. The second album had a lot riding on it since it was make or break. This album I just felt so much more free.

"Well I have to go and wake up the guys. We have loads of interviews today," Harry sighed. He really doesn't like doing them at all. He always feels pressured and he doesn't like being put on the spot. I really don't mind them too much if I'm being honest.

"Okay. Text me when you can. I love you."

"I love you too, bye," The screen went black and he was gone.

I felt a rush of sadness wash over me. It's always hard to say goodbye. I shook the feeling and started to play my album. The first song was 'Free'. It was the song that really set the tone for the whole album. I got on twitter and saw loads of people saying that they really are enjoying it. I was getting so much support. I felt over the moon. I smiled and got the champagne. I popped it open and poured me a glass. I sat back down at my computer and smiled. I tweeted, "I'm so extremely happy to say that Colorful Mind is out. I hope you all enjoy it!! Xx."

I listened to Haunted for the first time. I heard it all scattered about in the studio, but the finished product was amazing. It was defiantly one of my favorites on the album. It was about when Harry is on tour for a long time and we don't talk very much and how I can still feel him with me and how it feels like I'm haunted by him. I started singing along, "I can feel you in the darkness. Hear you in the sounds. But I don't ever want to stop it. So don't tell me how. I chase every vision when I see you in the crowd. Cause I'd rather be haunted and still have you around."

The whole night I replied to my fans and it was so fun. They all really loved my album. They all said that they loved Haunted and I was so happy that they liked it as much as I did. It was really nice seeing this kind of feedback. It made me feel really good about myself. I looked at the time and realized that I should get some sleep. It was two in the morning and I have loads of interviews tomorrow.

I closed my laptop and put my glass in the sink. I got into bed and saw a text from Harry saying he really liked the album and slowly fell asleep.

***Interview***

"So tell us a bit about your new album Colorful Mind," He told me.

"Well this album means a lot to me. I really put all of me into it. Down to every heartbreak to every memory that made me feel like I could fly. I spent most of my time in the studio doing this and I actually lived at The Record Plant for about a week trying to finish it up. Every decision was up to me. I spent hours on just talking about the font that I wanted on the cover," I laughed. "But I'm extremely happy of how it turned out."

"So I want to know, what is your favorite song on the album?" He asked. He looked like he really wanted to know. It's rare that the interviewers actually care about my music.

"It's constantly changing based upon my day. I would have to say at the moment it's Haunted. Simply because the thing that made me write it is happening again. Witch is Harry is on tour," I felt nervous.

"So what's the story behind it?"

"Well, when someone is away for so long you start to have these flashes of memories of when they were with you, and it kind of haunts you in a way. And you want to be haunted because it's better than realizing that they're gone."

"I'm actually in a long distance relationship myself and when I heard that song I just stopped what I was doing because I could really relate to it, and I think a lot of people in long distance relationships can relate to it," He nodded his head.

"I'm actually thinking that's going to be the next single off the album. I know it had kind of a different sound than what's played on the radio, but I think that's why I like it so I'm really trying to make it the next single." I smiled. Anne and I had already talked about making it the next single but it isn't finalized yet. I'm just really excited about it.

"Really?" He smiled.

"Yeah. I actually have an idea for the music video already," I laughed.

"Sounds like you got it planed out," He said.

"I'm honestly on cloud nine. I don't think I've been this happy for a long time. It's just such an amazing experience," I mentioned.

"Okay. One last thing before we go, is it true that you have a lucky rabbits foot on you key chain?" He asked.

"Yes. It was my dads, and I don't go anywhere without it," I laughed.

He laughed. "Okay. Well that's all the time that we have. Here is Cara's single called 'Call It Off.'" He played the song. He took off the headphones and so did I. "Do you mind if I get a photo with you? I'm actually a big fan of yours."

"Of coarse!" I smiled and got up. Someone took the photo. "It was a pleasure being here today. Thank you so much."

"Thank you!" He smiled. "Come back anytime!"

"I'll take you up on that Brad," I smiled and gave him a hug before I left. I honestly felt so good. I never felt like this. Then the realization that I wont see Harry til Halloween kicked in. I tried my best to compose myself for the next interview.