Don't Go Home Without Me

Three months later

I could tell you about his life
And keep you amused I'm sure
About all the times hes cried
And how he doesn't want to be sad anymore
-man of the world (upcoming album)

I sat on the sofa in the dressing room on my phone. I don't know why but I was reading an article about Cara. I promised myself that I wouldn't check in on her. It's hard to leave, but then again it's harder to stay away. The article said that she had true talent and that he loved the way she played Man Of The World. I knew she wrote that song about me. He said that there was almost a supernatural feeling when she's playing it. I loved when she just played on her guitar. She would tune out everyone else and just play. She'd float away to the sound and just go to her own little world. He quoted her on saying, "Man Of The World is about a guy who has everything. Fame, fortune, true friends till the end, but it's hard on him. Because he just wants that feeling of love. I was actually going to write it about me and how I only wanted love, but I realized that that's all he wants too. And the one thing that we don't have is love." The one thing we don't have is each other. I read more into the article and saw that she was playing in London tonight. I wonder if I could sneak into her concert. I know her security pretty well. I think he'd let me in. I just need to hear her voice. I just want to see her. I don't need to touch her or kiss her. Though I really want to. I can't. I took that away when I left her. I just didn't want her to hurt while she was on tour. I guess I didn't want to hurt that much too. But I didn't think that it would hurt this much to say goodbye.

I can make the end of her show once I'm done with mine. I have to be quick though. I'll do anything to see her again.

"Hey. C'mon," Liam said. It was time to go on. I breathed in and out before I left the dressing room. I didn't want the guys to worry about me.

The show ended and I ran offstage and gave my mic to the guys and left as fast as I could. Paul followed me. He almost knocked me over. I told him my plans and he insisted that it was a bad idea. Somehow I convinced him to come with.

Paul talked to Cara's security guy and got us in. I ran and went to the wings of the stage. I could only see her back but I didn't mind.

"This next song is going to be on my next album and it's a little taste of what the new album is going to be like. I hope you like it. It's called 'Man Of The World.'" Cara grabbed her guitar and started playing. Her voice sounded so nice. Angelic to be precise. It reminded me of the song she wrote for me in Holmes Chapel. The one that was just for the two of us. We we're our happiest there. I wish I could go back. I guess I really messed things up. But I couldn't let her go on tour always worrying about me. She's so talented and I don't want to hold her back. The song ended and I quickly hid behind people so that she wouldn't see me. And she didn't. She went straight to her dressing room.

When she did come off stage, she had a big smile on her face. The fans we're still cheering her on, and I could see the high she was on. I get the same way. I watched her walk away again. Maybe I can just say hi. I told Paul and he talked to people to make it happen. He's really a great guy.

I walked down the long narrow hallway to her dressing room. I saw the sign that said "Cara Hastings" and I froze. I looked over my shoulder and saw Paul stood a few feet away from me. I turned back to the door and knocked slowly. I shouldn't be here. She'll punch me. She should punch me. I'm a jerk. I shouldn't have left her. I should have stayed. She just had surgery not too long ago. I shouldn't have done that.

My thoughts were quieted by the sound of the door opening. There she stood. Looking like a goddess. She looked shocked. "Harry," She said with a smile.