Mia

Author's Note: New part hope you like it, sorry there is bump in the road in this part. Just understand it's where I'm going with this story.

Mia is packing up her things at work by 5pm getting ready to leave work. As she heading out her office she runs into Jack. Who was standing outside his office waiting for her.

"Mia we have our meeting now remember."

"Jack, I told you I can't have the meeting tonight, I need to get Gracie from daycare no one can watch her."

"Is that really the reason, or is it cause of a certain male actor who was here today. I don't want him in this office again. Go get your daughter but get something figured out for tomorrow. We need to brainstorm for this client. We can't lose an account with that with Apple."

"Alright Jack, I'll get it figured out. Sorry I'm in a hurry I'll see you tomorrow."

Mia heads the elevator, while Jack keeps watching her and makes her feel uneasy. She really just wish he would stop with the flirting. This is the first time he was weird with her and not so friendly. She heads down the elevator and to her car. She rolls her eyes huffs, she knows the only one free tomorrow to pick up and watch Gracie is her mom. She turns on the car and her bluetooth to call her mom. She would rather walk across hot burning coal then talk to her mother right now.

"Hello, Mia"

"Hi mom, how are you doing?"

"Ok, where are you right now, driving? Your going to be late getting Gracie you realize that."

"Yes mother. I had to speak with my boss."

"Mia I really hope there isn't something going on with you and your boss. You need to set a good example for Gracie."

"Mom, there's not I have told you time and time again. I don't mix business with pleasure. Also I don't and never will like my boss."

"Mia I'm just trying to give you advice about being the best mom. I love you honey but Mark was such a great husband and you took that for granted."

Mia rolls her eyes, he mom always thought the world of her now ex husband. Mia never fully told her everything that went on in their marriage. Her mom believes that Mia pushed him to cheat and walk away from their life. Mia just doesn't have the fight in her to argue again with her mom.

"Ok mom, look can you pick up Gracie from daycare and watch her till about 7pm tomorrow? I'm sorry I have to work late."

"Mhmm, Mia I mean it. You don't have time for men you need to put your daughter first. I will watch her of course. Hell I would love to have her for the night. I know your trying sweetie but you need to try harder get your degree done sooner. I'll keep her for the night so you can catch up on writing and school work."

"Ok thanks mom, I'lol leave her overnight bag with her daycare teacher. Mom I have to go just pulling in to get her now."

"Ok Mia. I'll see you in a couple days then."

Mia is already exhausted from that phone call from her mom. She gets Gracie and head home.

"Princess, do you want to go visit a friend of mine."

"Mags, yay."

"No Gracie, just another friends. There will be a cute dog there. We just need to go home and grab somethings."

"Doggie, doggie."

"Yes you can see the dog. His name is Dodger."

"Doggie Dod."

Mia smiles at her daughter, she head home to let Gracie play a little since she doesn't need to be at Chris's till 7pm. He texted her the address and she mapped it out it wasn't to far for her. If she have to she call and say she's just running behind. Mia's phone starts ringing only it's a cell number she doesn't know.