Chris

Authors note: hope you like this new part. Secrets are going to come out in later parts.

When Chris left the house in the morning, he gave Mia a kiss. Gracie hugged him and didn't want to let go. He was so happy to go meet with his lawyer to discuss the adoption. He wanted Mia there, but his lawyer suggested given her pregnancy maybe he should come alone. Something was eating at Chris about that comment.

When Chris arrive at his lawyer and saw Mac he knew something was up for sure.

"Hi Chris have a seat."

Mac, was around Chris's age, he had become a friend. He wore wore glasses and had sandy brown hair. He reminded Chris of helmsworth a tiny bit but a short version of course.

"Mac, what aren't you telling me."

"Look I went to file the adoption process of Gracie for you. The issue is her grandmother, is fighting it."

"What! She's not her mother. How can she even do that?"

"Apparently, when Gracies father signed over his parental right to his child, he and Cynthia did something in court. I don't even think Mia knows about it."

"What did they do, I'll I know is Mia's mother hates all men including Mia's ex."

"Mark signs way his rights, but he sing over his rights to Cynthia. I don't even know if it's legal. From the looks of the papers Mia has no idea they did this in court."

"This can't even be legal then."

"It's not legal the mother has to agree, I'm filing a motion to petition this given Mia has no idea. I mean you sure she has no idea?"

"No, there is no way Mia's mother is very controlling, and mentally abusive to her daughter. I don't trust her at all and don't want her anywhere near Mia."

"Ok, well I have some papers for you to sign. That way I can file these today. Just from the looks of it her mother is going to fight both of you on the adoption. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes after custody of Gracie. I did some digging and the women is controlling for sure. There's more."

"What else is she doing?"

"Chris, I'm sure you aware of who Mia's father is in the industry."

"Yes."

"Well it seems he has a substantial trust of money for Gracie. Cynthia fought him to be the person running that trust till she's 18."

Chris sits back rubbing his hand across his bread and thinking.

"So that's what she's after, she wants that money."

"Ya Chris, I think that's what is completely about, I'm asking in these forms to see the amount of money in trust. I think Cynthia is using the money for herself."

"Fuck, I don't know what to say to Mia. She's going to level her mother when she's finds this all out. Plus I don't want her stressing at all."

"Chris let me get the information and papers filed before you say anything. I know with her pregnancy too much stress isn't good for her or the baby. Man congratulations so happy for you."

"Thanks, I'm so in love with her and happy. I can't wait just for us to be a family."

"Have you thought of proposing?"

"I already asked her if she wanted to get married since she's having our baby. She said she wouldn't get married just cause of the baby. I don't get it."

"Chris, seriously I love you buddy but sometimes when is comes to women your and idiot. You just talked about it cause of the baby. You love her show her. A women wants romance and to fleet loved when you propose and not cause of the situation."