A Real Family.

(tw for abuse in the first small paragraph)

Before Savannah could register what was happening, her mom raised her and slapped her.
Savannah lifted her hand to her cheek as it stung, and her eyes began to water. Without thinking she turned and ran back to the car. She quickly drove back to Ricky's house, not responding to Ricky as they were asking questions. It was only when they were back in Ricky's room, that she'd explain.

"Sav. Look at me. What happened?" Ricky frowned.
Savannah tried to speak, but no matter how much she tried, she couldn't get the words out.
'My mom. She hit me.' She signed shakily.
Ricky's eyes widened.
"Sav..." He placed a hand on her leg, "We'll stay here today, alright? My parents are actually coming back later, i have an idea but I'll explain once you've calmed down."
Savannah nodded, not sure what else to say, or sign, seeing as she wasn't able to speak in the current moment.
"Can i hug you?" Ricky asked.
Savannah nodded again and moved closer to Ricky. She felt safe when they held her. After a while she'd calmed down. And she sat back up.
'What was your idea?' She signed, still not able to talk.
"Once my parents are here, I'll explain that you've been staying here and everything, and i can ask them to go and get all of your stuff with you?" Ricky explained.
Savannah though for a minute before signing anything,
'So, this is my home now?'
Ricky nodded,"Doll, i do not want you going back there especially if what happened is something reoccurring."
Savannah blushed slightly,
'Doll?'
Ricky also blushed slightly,
"Because you know... In the afterlife?... I can stop if you want."
Savannah shook her head,
'No it's fine. I like it. It's cute.'
Ricky smiled when he heard his phone go off.

Choir gc!
Ocean: Ricky! Where are you and Savannah? You're going to be late!
Ricky: We aren't coming in today, something happened which i can't explain, but we're fine. :)
Misch: That is fine Space Jesus, do not listen to orphan a-hole.
Noel: Yeah! I hope both of you are alright, I'll miss you two at choir today.
Misch: Poet, you are still not coming in? :(
Noel: I'm not, sorry Misch :((
Ocean: Ignoring the lovebirds, i do hope you two come in tomorrow. We need you two for choir practice.
Ricky: Really feeling the love Ocean /s
Ocean: Sorry.
Ricky: It's fine

Ricky rolled their eyes jokingly at the chat and looked up as they could faintly hear the front door open.
"Looks like my parents are back, do you want to come and say hi with me?"
Savannah nodded, not wanting to be alone.
Ricky opened their bedroom door and their parents immediately pulled them into a hug. They quickly stumbled back before explaining that Savannah was there and his plan from earlier.
"Can i talk to her?" Ricky's mom, Mary, said quietly.
Ricky nodded and leaned against the door, letting his mom go in.
"Savannah? I'm Mary" She spoke softly, noticing how nervous the girl was.
"Hi..." Savannah said quietly.
"I'll come with you to get your stuff, okay? And you're welcome to stay with us for as long as you want."
"Can...Can Ricky come with us as well?.."
Mary looked at Ricky who nodded. Ricky wanted to be there for Savannah as much as they could.
"James?" Mary looked at her husband, "Do you mind staying here whilst we go?"
"That's fine with me, just stay safe and call me if you need anything" James responded.
Mary looked back to Savannah, "Okay then hon, let's go"
Savannah nodded, smiling slightly before they left.