Confrontation

Mischa abruptly woke up, hyperventilating. He had a nightmare and then he heard a loud bang. He frantically looked around when he heard the bang again, and realised. Right, there was a storm. He tried to check the time on his phone, but it was still dead, seeing as he forgot to ask Nina if she had a spare charger. He sighed, grabbing a blanket and draping it around himself. His whole body was shaking, terrified of the storm. He was snapped out of his thoughts by a knock on thr door, and Nina came in.
"Міша, are you okay?" She asked, carefully sitting next to him, "I heard you hyperventilating"
"How- how did you hear?" Mischa's breathing had slowed slightly.
"Thin walls," Nina shrugged, "Now what's up?"
"i do not like storms..."
Mischa said quietly.
"Thought so, you never have."
"You remember that?"
"Of course i do! You were like a little brother to me!"
Mischa laughed softly, " I was annoying enough to be one"
"All of you were annoying, trust me."
"How were the others?.."
"Not sure, i only talk to Natalia and Nico now"
"How come?"
"i told them something they did not like, and they never spoke to me again."
"Oh."
"is fine. Nico has been doing well, and I assume you know Natalia is fine?"
Mischa nodded, "Spoke to Natalia recently. She told me about you living here."
"Makes sense," Nina nodded, "What happened between you and Natalia? She never told me."
"Both lost feelings and grew apart i guess? Plus, i found someone else"
"Really? Who is the lucky girl?"
"That is the thing... It is a boy..."
Nina looked slightly surprised at hearing that,
"That is cool... I never thought you would like guys... See..thing is, i actually like girls and boys.."
It was Mischa's turn to be surprised now, "Really? Dope! Friends from choir like both too!"
"You're in a choir?"
"Was punishment for stealing wine."
Nina rolled her eyes,
"Righttttt"
"Was fine though because i met boyfriend due to choir. Have been through lots together..."
"That is sweet! What is his name?"
"His name is Noel" Mischa smiled. He felt like a child again, ranting to Nina about anything and everything.
"That is a nice name! You better let me meet him one day!"
"Maybeeee" Mischa smiled, leaning against Nina.
She smiled and ruffled his hair,
"The storm is gone now, Міша, get some rest, and do not worry about School today. I have to work, but I'll write my number down, so if you need me, call me"
Nina got up and looked at Mischa as she left.
"Okay, thank you."
Nina nodded, leaving Mischa to once again, get some rest.

Ocean was sat in her room, her knees pulled to her chest. Lacy was over, which she wouldn't normally have minded, if she didn't have alcohol. Ocean wss stuck remembering her parents getting drunk, and yelling at her whenever she tried to leave. She hated it. She really badly wanted to ask them to stop, but she knew she'd feel bad if she did. They shouldn't have to stop just for her, right? Surely how she felt about it didn't really matter. At least, she didn't think it did.

She picked up her phone and called her girlfriend. Ocean sniffed, her voice breaking as she spoke,
"Connie?"
"Oce, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Constance panicked.
"No... Do you think you could pick me up?"
"Of course, Sweetie. I'll be there soon, okay?"
"Okay.." Ocean whispered as she hung up.

She grabbed her school bag and decided to wait outside. Like Constance said, she got there quickly. Ocean jumped into the car and Constance frowned.
"Ocean, my rose, please tell me what's wrong." Constance just wanted to help.
Ocean shook her head, not wanting to explain right now.
Constance just nodded and drove in silence. She really wanted ti help her girlfriend, but she knew she couldn't force her to talk.

Ocean didn't speak at all. Even after they had gotten to school. Even Noel was worried. Ocean was normally always talking. Noel at his nails, having an idea of what this was about. He wanted to speak to her about it. During English, Noel pulled out his phone to message Ocean.

Annoying sister
Noel: Ocean. Can you talk to me in the choir room during break?
Ocean: Why?
Noel: You know exactly why.
Ocean: Do i have to?
Noel: I'd prefer it if you did.
Ocean: Fine.
Noel: Promise you'll come?
Ocean: Promise.
Ocean: Now get off your phone.

Noel laughed softly at that message, putting his phone away. He was zoned out during most of English, which was odd for him. He was thinking about what to say to Ocean. The lesson dragged on for a lot longer than he would've liked, but when he was let out, he went straight to the choir room.

Ocean was already waiting when he got there.
Noel sighed, "i think we're dealing with similar issues right now."
"We are?" Ocean asked.
"Well, seeing as i cried myself to sleep last night, i think i have and issue, and you've been acting off all day."
"Oh.." Ocean said quietly.
Noel nodded, "Yeah... Let's just say i miss my mom..."
"That- that makes sense.." Ocean mumbled, "I wouldn't mind your mom being over, but the alcohol sends me into a panic attack, because, you know.."
Noel quickly hugged Ocean, much to her surprise.
"i can come back to yours later and we'll talk to them both, okay?"
"Okay..." Ocean said, moving away from Noel.

"Also, have you heard from Mischa recently?"
"Now that you mention it, no, actually"
Noel sighed, "I'm starting to get worried because none if my messages are going through."
Ocean rubbed Noel's arm,
"Hey, this is Mischa we're talking about, he'll be fine."
"i guess..."

The rest of the day passed just as slowly as Noel was lost in his thoughts, worrying. He smiled slightly as Ocean ran up to him.
"You ready to go?" Noel asked.
"I guess." Ocean smiled back.
"Alright, c'mon" Noel said, getting into the car.
They quickly drove all the way back to Ocean's, not really talking on the way there.
They anxiously walked in, seeing Lacy and Gabby, talking in the living room.
"Mom. Gabby. Hey" Noel said, with Ocean anxiously standing behind him.
"Hi sweetie!" Lacy smiled, "What's up?"
"uh- is it okay if i talk to you privately in the other room?"
"Oh, yeah, sure" Lacy looked confused, but followed her son into the other room anyway, leaving Gabby and Ocean alone.

"What's wrong hun?" Lacy frowned.
Noel sighed, "Mom. I'm happy that you and Gabby found each other, but... I miss you." Noel's voice cracked as he tried to stay composed,
"I miss our movie nights, or ranting to you about Mischa or dumb things Ocean's done to annoy me. I miss spending time with you!" Tears began to fill his eyes, "you hardly even tell me when you won't be home anymore!.." Noel sniffed.

Lacy's gaze softened. The reality of how she'd been acting was finally hitting her. She was so carried away with chasing the love she's wanted her whole life, she was neglecting being a good mother. Something broke inside her as she began to cry too.
"Noel.. I am so, so sorry. I've been a terrible mother recently, and i won't make excuses because that wouldn't be right.."
Lacy pulled Noel into a hug,
"i promise, when we go home, we can watch Chicago together, how about that? I want you to know i love you Noel, and i promise I'll figure this out and share my time evenly between you and Gabby.."
Noel cried more as his mother hugged him, "O-okay..."
"I promise..." Lacy mumbled.